• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Zimbabwe

Athlai

Not Terrible
I literally clapped and cheered for Kane there. The missus had NFI what was going on as I'm watching this on my laptop with earphones in.

Howsie

International Captain
:laugh: As fun as it was watching that innings I really hope we don't see Williamson come in at six for too much longer. He showed in his first 30 balls why he should be smack bang in the middle order, put Taylor to shame with the way he worked the spinners around.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
:laugh: As fun as it was watching that innings I really hope we don't see Williamson come in at six for too much longer. He showed in his first 30 balls why he should be smack bang in the middle order, put Taylor to shame with the way he worked the spinners around.
I'm pretty sure he will end up playing at 5 in the next "proper" series.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah we'll be going

Guptill
McCullum
Ryder
Taylor
Williamson
--------------(Franklin?)
Oram
NcCullum
Mills
Southee
--------------(Bennett?Dougeh?McKay?Woodcock?)

as the lineup in the next ODI series, pending fitness

Flem274*

123/5
AWTA.

With a big hole still at six, I can see either

A) Franklin, Nicol or Flynn getting picked at six (/life if so)

B) Brownlie getting a call up.

C) Left field selection of someone like Munro or Noema-Barnett to blatantly go for the big hits.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Being a Nicol fan, I'd have him open and put McCullum at six. Doubt it'll happen, though.

Flem274*

123/5
Being a Nicol fan, I'd have him open and put McCullum at six. Doubt it'll happen, though.
This was the other option I was thinking of, but I'm still not sold on Nicol. Seems very front foot oriented and his domestic strike rate in List A has been hovering at around 70 last season iirc.

Definitely deserves a run when we get the chance to play our backups, and should play ahead of Watling.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Yeah, hopefully. I'd still much rather see him come in at three but he's got the skillset to do well at five.
Yeah, I'd like to see him come in at 3 if there has been a big opening partnership, but I can't see it happening with all the openers in the team. :huh:

Mike5181

International Captain
Our best team IMO

1.McCullum+
2.Guptill
3.Ryder
4.Taylor (c)
5.Williamson
6.Franklin
7.Oram- 4
8.N McCullum- 5
9.Mills- 2
10.Southee- 1
11.Bennett- 3

Flem274*

123/5
Guptill
Ryder
Williamson
Taylor
Random middle order batsman
McCullum

Is another option. I think Ryder is much better off at 3-5 though.

Flem274*

123/5
The problem with Franklin is he isn't suited to the faster pitches we will get in Australia (where we play a lot of ODIs lately) and South Africa. Slower decks he's all right.

He's also horrifically inconsistent and could decide to retire and bugger off to County Cricket at any moment.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Our best team IMO

1.McCullum+
2.Guptill
3.Ryder
4.Taylor (c)
5.Williamson
6.Franklin
7.Oram- 4
8.N McCullum- 5
9.Mills- 2
10.Southee- 1
11.Bennett- 3
Agree with most of that, although would bracket Bennett with a few other bowlers such as Milne, Bolt or McKay.

Incidentally, Vettori's only given up playing T20's right? I'm assuming he'll be back for the ODI's vs Aust