• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Zimbabwe

Tricia McMillan

U19 Captain
Lol, again Zim playing teeny-bopping music in the background. They must assume the audience is primarily 12 year old girls :p
I was watching one of the RWC matches (during the group stage). Don't remember which game it was, but someone scored a try, and in celebration the stadium's PA system started playing an Avril Lavigne song.

Great choice in music for a sport like rugby...

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
taylor scored another 100 :)

McCullum and Guptill again aye haha. If they don't back this up with decent performances against the top countries (aus and sa this summer), they'll be called minnow-bashers haha.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
By the way, can someone in Zimbabwe teach:

a) the commentators how to use a microphone
b) the sound operator not to compress the sound coming out of their microphones so badly

Seriously, the commentator sound quality is ****ing awful.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't watch NZ bat but sounds like Zimbos fielding threw the game away.

I don't understand why minnows can't field well. It is the one skill that you can get good at through practice as opposed to raw talent. If ewen chatfield can hold his catches then there is no excuse for Zimbos.

Athlai

Not Terrible

b) the sound operator not to compress the sound coming out of their microphones so badly

One of the guys REALLY LIKES TO TALK LOUD INTO THE MICROPHONE every now and THEN.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

I don't know if hearing them properly is a better fate. I'm glad Chris Harris was a better fielder than he is a commentator.

I have a theory: A country's standard of commentary directly correlates to their national side.

Zimbabwe: Awful. No chance of decency. Bangladesh: Same. West Indies: One or two big-name stars - but are they really brilliant or just flashy? New Zealand: Rely on one or two names - ie Ian Smith, the rest sh*te. Australia: Used to be the world's best, now a stain on their country's name. England: World's best..brilliant.

Howsie

International Captain
taylor scored another 100 :)

McCullum and Guptill again aye haha. If they don't back this up with decent performances against the top countries (aus and sa this summer), they'll be called minnow-bashers haha.
Bit late for McCullum, he's made a career bashing the minnows around.

Nigel Benjamin

U19 12th Man
I don't know if hearing them properly is a better fate. I'm glad Chris Harris was a better fielder than he is a commentator.
I have a theory: A country's standard of commentary directly correlates to their national side.
Zimbabwe: Awful. No chance of decency
What about Pommie Mbangwa?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
The Australian commentary team has not been anywhere near good in my lifetime of following cricket.
You've got me there.

Indians are also unjustly full of themselves in both aspects (ie Shastri) and sell their soul to the devil for a high price at the cost of dignity.

Ps. Pommie Mbangwa is mud, but the least of Zimbabwe's worries.

Pps. Whatever happened to Bruce Yardley? He was the worst I've ever heard.