• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Zimbabwe

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
With the RWC going on and relative little media attention given to this tour I've only just realised this starts tonight. Be interesting to see if a Zimbabwe side who competed well against Bangladesh and Pakistan can produce a few surprises against us, particularly as we've played no international cricket since April.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Must be one of the first times the opposing captains have had the same surname.

BeeGee

International Captain
Chakabva walked... the umpire wasn't going to give him out. It's been a long time since I've seen that from an international batsman.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chakabva walked... the umpire wasn't going to give him out. It's been a long time since I've seen that from an international batsman.
Yeah, good on him. Mind you I think that was more of a reaction because he made no contact on the first two balls, if he was on 15 (8) I don't think he'd have walked.

Nigel Benjamin

U19 12th Man
He wasn't supposed to be out there batting in the first place, he stole Keegan Meth's place. Our selectors are probably using crystal meth which explains some of the recent selections. I would've had one of Taylor or Coventry keep and included Meth as that would've added depth to our batting

Athlai

Not Terrible
Reminds me a bit of that ODI where Baz just nailed Bangladesh so they could be done before the lunch break.

BeeGee

International Captain
Wow, huge from guppy.

Zimbabwe have been poor with the bat, ball and in the field. They'll need a big improvement for game 2.

Nigel Benjamin

U19 12th Man
I think another clean sweep is on the way here. Of course it's just a Pro20 game and we shouldn't look too much into it, but I don't see Zim winning anything this series. They just don't have the confidence and the belief that they can do it not to mention that some players being selected have absolutely zero talent. Catches continue to be dropped, the batters can't score, the bowlers continue to donate, Chigumbura gets more game time ahead of Meth...oh dear, the list is endless. I hope Taylor(Brendan) and co prove me wrong, but I don't see that happening.