• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League Twenty20 2011

jan

State Vice-Captain
Who do you blame it on when your team makes 200 and then loses in a t20 game?

Poor bowling? Bad fielding? Unfriendly pitch? BCCI?

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Chris Gayle and Virat Kohli just ruined my weekend.

QUOTE=jan;2669149]Who do you blame it on when your team makes 200 and then loses in a t20 game?

Poor bowling? Bad fielding? Unfriendly pitch? BCCI?[/QUOTE]

The opposition having 4 overseas players, playing in their home ground, a lot of young players in your team, poor bowling and fielding, brilliant batting and unfriendly pitch.

Brilliant from Warner btw. What a champion deserved to be on the winning side.

It's amazing how you can go from liking a cricketer to despising him in one match @Virat Kohli.

Xuhaib

International Coach
This game epitomizes everything which is wrong with T20 cricket.

What..a..joke..of..cricket
I thought this was the best advertisement of T-20 cricket.

I hate the IPL as the next guy but T-20 is not that bad. It does not pretend to be some sort of high class snobbish, sophisticated entertainment it is about slam bang entertainment and you get what its suppose to provide, its very similar to a slut who knows that everyone knows she is a slut so she goes on to behave like a slut.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
I thought this was the best advertisement of T-20 cricket.

I hate the IPL as the next guy but T-20 is not that bad. It does not pretend to be some sort of high class snobbish, sophisticated entertainment it is about slam bang entertainment and you get what its suppose to provide, its very similar to a slut who knows that everyone knows she is a slut so she goes on to behave like a slut.
:laugh: You couldnt get a better example.
It would help if you looked at the situation from bowlers Point-of-View and if you analyse, the Obsession with T20 is the reason India has failed to produce good bowlers since 2007 - Basically the beginning of T20.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next year BCCI suggests an option for bowling-machines.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
:laugh: You couldnt get a better example.
It would help if you looked at the situation from bowlers Point-of-View and if you analyse, the Obsession with T20 is the reason India has failed to produce good bowlers since 2007 - Basically the beginning of T20.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next year BCCI suggests an option for bowling-machines.
India has always struggled to produce good fast bowlers this is like Yusuf saying 20-20 has destroyed Pakistani batsman technique eventhough the likes of Farhat and Faisal he was pointing to had all made their debuts way before 20-20 started.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
India had good bowlers, bowlers who had a future i.e Irfan Pathan, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, were those who could become good bowlers, the only bowler who succeeded was Zaheer. Irfan Pathan had a lot of talent, and got wasted due to their emphasis on batting.

The example you gave of Yusuf, is poor. Farhat and Faisal were always pathetic.

Jacknife

International Captain
Got to admit I don't particularly like these 200+ T20 scores, where they may as well get a bowling machine to fire down the deliveries. Even in this form of the game I like to see a little competition between bat & ball but the again I love to see great bowling full stop.

adub

International Captain
Obviously disappointed due to the blatant leg up the IPL sides get more than anything. Would have been nice for NSW to finish their last game in T20 with a second Champions League, but not to be. You can't ask much more than to force your opponents to chase down 200 though so no shame. Can't take anything away from Bangalore's batting on the night.