• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League Twenty20 2011

Howe_zat

Audio File
Somerset coming back into this pretty well. Another tight finish looming.

Dibble looks handy (1-24 today), and I've just looked at his record and apparently he took 9-26 in a seconds game this year.

...What a drop. Worth it for Kirby's reaction though.

Last edited:

chalky

International Debutant
Think the Wessels getting PO'd with all the choking references

Anyway fine effort from Somerset didn't think they had enough but have come back well.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Alfonso Thomas: Master of the intentionally terrible delivery. Messes with your head.

Another one gone in the last over. Somerset have got this.

Jayzamann

International Regular
So with Tait back, Redbacks would need about 20-30 more on the board to feel just as safe as they would without him.

The_roc

U19 Captain
Thought we were about 20 runs light. Still got the result and that's all that counts.

I'm currently on holiday in Lanzarote and struggling to find anywhere that shows the games live. Was out about 3 nights ago and got chatting to Jos Butler's mum. Hope the boy picks up the pace for the semi finals.

The_roc

U19 Captain
So with Tait back, Redbacks would need about 20-30 more on the board to feel just as safe as they would without him.
Which ever way you read that it don't sound like a compliment.

Saw Tait about 2 seasons ago playing one day cricket against England and he looked world class. A month later he was playing one day cricket for Glamorgan and Tresco was slapping him all around the park. Is motivation tha problem, or is he just a crap bowler who gets lucky from time to time?

Anyway come on the convicts. Lets keep these IPL playboys where they deserve to be, bottom of the pile.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Nannes playing a pooey tourney so far.

@roc: I remember the series you're talking about, and watching Tait bowl then was sublime. You could tell he had malice and the batsmen feared him as a result.

He's a killer, but also a liability.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't get why you'd bring Tait back after what happened in the first game today. He could easily go for 50+ off his 4 (if you let him) on a pitch where 146 was a winning score. These lower scoring pitches that typically don't reward pace make him such a massive gamble.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Taiters saying he wants to bowl with freedom with 170 on the board.

Just don't spray it dude.

ed: just realised how optimistic 170 is. olol

ed2: or mebbe not

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Taiters saying he wants to bowl with freedom with 170 on the board.

Just don't spray it dude.

ed: just realised how optimistic 170 is. olol
Should get it comfortably from here.

I guess I can see that with dew the ball will skid on and makes the par score a little higher and they probably want Tait to take out Gayle, but just don't think it's a good pick. Pace is still getting killed compared to slower bowlers.