• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League Twenty20 2011

Sylvester

State Captain
I wouldn't mind seeing a bowler try bowling with either hand, like batsmen if they can do this then good on them. As long as the batsmen knows he could be bowling with either hand (doesn't have to state which one) and the sight screen covers it then should be fair game.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I wouldn't mind seeing a bowler try bowling with either hand, like batsmen if they can do this then good on them. As long as the batsmen knows he could be bowling with either hand (doesn't have to state which one) and the sight screen covers it then should be fair game.
Whilst the bowling with either hand is too much of a stretch (at least for now) I agree with the rest of the sentiment.

As if the game wasn't weighted enough in the favour of the batsmen. I can set fields for a right-hander, prepare to bowl to a right-hander and have the script flipped without warning. But I can't change MY action? Doesn't make sense.

For the record, I'm all for switch-hitting - not against it. Just for equality as well.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Slower balls and balls that spin the opposite way aren't fair for batsmen either but they don't moan.
:laugh: Hilarious. Not your best analogy work.

As for the LBW laws, I'm pretty sure they only apply for a batsman in their natural stance? Ie if you were a right hander facing a left-arm spinner bowling over the wicket, you played a reverse sweep and it hit you in line, but pitched outside leg in your natural stance, it was not out? Sure I saw an instance of that some time and thought it was rubbish.

Riggins

International Captain
There is also a huge advantage for bowlers when Batsmen do that as well as there is no longer a leg side. Umpires assume both sides of the wicket are off side. That means no leg side wides and batsmen can be out if it pitches anywhere on the pitch.
Is that correct?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
expecting the innings to be up on Rob's channel by nights end. maybe under the name D@v!d W@rn#r

Briony

International Debutant
Great knock by Warner but that would have to be one of the crappiest attacks fielded, even in this competition.

NSW has certainly improved over the course of the comp. as they looked crap against the Cobras and would have beaten T & T had the latter not panicked, or Ganga captained so poorly in the field.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Great knock by Warner but that would have to be one of the crappiest attacks fielded, even in this competition.

NSW has certainly improved over the course of the comp. as they looked crap against the Cobras and would have beaten T & T had the latter not panicked, or Ganga captained so poorly in the field.
Really? Still had Bollinger and Ashwin, the two best bowlers in general for CSK in the IPL, and Kulasekera has a great ODI record from memory. Really, it was the same team that they trotted out (bowling wise) during the IPL, minus Morkel and add Kulasekera, and you could argue that's an improvement in the bowling.

Spikey

yeah, dougeh just decided to be the great man we know he is and play badly for the greater good

Briony

International Debutant
Really? Still had Bollinger and Ashwin, the two best bowlers in general for CSK in the IPL, and Kulasekera has a great ODI record from memory. Really, it was the same team that they trotted out (bowling wise) during the IPL, minus Morkel and add Kulasekera, and you could argue that's an improvement in the bowling.
Plus some Indian part-timers. Anyway the IPL is a bit different to playing regular sides from other countries. Ashwin might have done all right in the IPL but he's not a star international by any means. ODIs are different to T20 in any case. You could argue that in the previous match, Steyn was scuppered a bit by bowling three with the new ball and being asked to quickly warm up for a one off over at the end when Cooper was swinging the bat. In ODIs, a bowler has a greater chance to get into some sort of rhythm so it's not strictly comparable. On paper, Chennai's attack looks pretty ordinary. Bollinger himself is hardly the model of consistency which is why he falls out of favour with the Aussie selectors, putting aside his fitness issues.

Burgey

Nearly fell off my chair laughing at the ground announcer doing poems about the teams to psych up the crowd.