• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League Twenty20 2011

mono

U19 Debutant
5 sixes in a 21 ball 45 against a decent bowling attack is not a bad effort. Pollard finally scoring runs as well. Pretty sure MI will find a way to lose this game though, can foresee someone like Gibbs, Shah or Duminy scoring heavily.
warriors chased 173 on this track against rajastan. But mumbai have malinga.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rain. Will be hilariously easy for the Cape if they get a five-over game or something in.
Maybe not with no set batsmen and Malinga. 50 from 5 sounds easy in theory but I doubt it will be that straightforward.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also how long are Mumbai Cheating ****s going to be allowed an extra even more foreign foreign player? Is their legitimised cheating going to be allowed for the entire tournament or just the group stage?

Scaly piscine

Game rained off. Guess that means Mumbai Cheating ****s get 2 points because the BCCI thinks they'd have won anyway. Other than that it may be a good result for them because their NRR is complete turd, so they'd lose out on tiebreakers unless the BCCI specifically changed the rules for those as well. Teams will now need 3 wins (or 4 if Mumbai CC win their other match) to go ahead of them, except for Cape Cobras, unless other games are rained off.

Howe_zat

Audio File
So there's a good chance of Chennai going out now. They'd need to win both their last 2 matches to get through.

Mumbai can still go out, but we'd need Cobras to beat T&T and NSW to win both their remaining games.

*I could be wrong about any and/or all of this.

Daemon

Yeah funny thing is MI would probably be better just playing three internationals: Franklin, Pollard and Malinga.

Scaly piscine

So there's a good chance of Chennai going out now. They'd need to win both their last 2 matches to get through.

Mumbai can still go out, but we'd need Cobras to beat T&T and NSW to win both their remaining games.

*I could be wrong about any and/or all of this.
Yea it still wouldn't take much for Mumbai to go out. NSW would have to beat Mumbai, that's the key result. Then there's quite a few permutations that would knock Mumbai out, all relying on T&T losing one or both of their remaining games.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Game rained off. Guess that means Mumbai Cheating ****s get 2 points because the BCCI thinks they'd have won anyway. Other than that it may be a good result for them because their NRR is complete turd, so they'd lose out on tiebreakers unless the BCCI specifically changed the rules for those as well. Teams will now need 3 wins (or 4 if Mumbai CC win their other match) to go ahead of them, except for Cape Cobras, unless other games are rained off.
See I think you're joking, but I can't be 100% certain...

Flem274*

123/5
This "are they English, or are they not?" argument is starting to get my goat. If they were ordinary old Joe Immigrant wanting to live and work in England for a number of years, eventually picking up citizenship, and if they decided they were going to identify as English, then John Smith down at the pub questioning their nationality is rightly recognized as being a douche.

KP is an Englishman who used to be South African. If someone identifies themselves as a certain nationality when they live in that country, no one can take it away from them.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Doesn't India have a proper domestic T20 tournament? Pretty sure I've seen scorecards.
Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy. It's zonal thoush, not state/region based.
SMAT is a state-based event.

It's a dumb joke, scheduled in the peak of the Indians' international activity, leaving little or no scope for quality cricketers to make the event. Not surprisingly, many of their top players don't even make the IPL teams on the field.

Athlai

Not Terrible
SMAT is a state-based event.

It's a dumb joke, scheduled in the peak of the Indians' international activity, leaving little or no scope for quality cricketers to make the event. Not surprisingly, many of their top players don't even make the IPL teams on the field.
So it's like every domestic tournament in the world then?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
So it's like every domestic tournament in the world then?
I think it's seen as a joke tournament because no one took the T20 format seriously here before we won the World T20. Of course, once we won that, we magically had a new understanding and interest in the format, the IPL cropped up, and so the neglected Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy still remains a joke tournament no one here cares about, and everyone skips.

Spikey

"Katich says he would have liked to bat first as well, NSW are also unchanged. "

it ain't looking good for our pal benchmark00