• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League Twenty20 2011

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I forgot about Bravo though, he was decent for us from what I can recollect.

Basically the numerous Aussies we've signed up, Blizzard, Ronchi, Henriques and Symonds have all been dire.

Daemon

Yeah, wonder which ****** makes the decisions. Blizzard and Ronchi..ffs. Paying so much for Symonds is another stupid decision.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Blizzard has a pretty gun name tbf. Symo would be gun if he didn't only have the IPL to play, lazy bastard probably just ****s around most of the year getting worse and worse.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
A KKR win is probably the best result (in terms of trying to get the most IPL teams out) KKR are pretty screwed from here so hopefully they can mess things up for RCB and put them in the same position.

Howe_zat

Audio File
A KKR win is probably the best result (in terms of trying to get the most IPL teams out) KKR are pretty screwed from here so hopefully they can mess things up for RCB and put them in the same position.
Excellent, excellent, divide and conquer the evildoers.

Sylvester

State Captain
I was just going to post that, both teams are pretty much out of the running now.

Go the Cobras tonight, someone has to take down Mumbai International.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
If IPL teams are so evil to you, what would the solution be? I have serious issues with these teams, but evil is too harsh a term, given they're the best from a country.

Howe_zat

Audio File
If IPL teams are so evil to you, what would the solution be? I have serious issues with these teams, but evil is too harsh a term, given they're the best from a country.
We've only been semi-serious when describing them as "evil", But the hilariously obvious manner in which they've been given such an advantage over the other teams in this tournament means that the organisers have effectively added a suitably cartoonish villain to the competition. Inadvertently enough, this has actually done what they set out to do in the first place, which is raise interest in the tournament.

The "solution" is not to compete single-format franchises with as much money as they like, up against proper cricket clubs. By all means have an international club T20 tournament, but keep franchises out. If possible, disband the gaudy things altogether and then we might see real Indian domestic sides playing along with everyone else.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The "solution" is not to compete single-format franchises with as much money as they like, up against proper cricket clubs. By all means have an international club T20 tournament, but keep franchises out. If possible, disband the gaudy things altogether and then we might see real Indian domestic sides playing along with everyone else.
Of course this would be excellent, but where would the money to run this come from?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We've only been semi-serious when describing them as "evil", But the hilariously obvious manner in which they've been given such an advantage over the other teams in this tournament means that the organisers have effectively added a suitably cartoonish villain to the competition. Inadvertently enough, this has actually done what they set out to do in the first place, which is raise interest in the tournament.

What about just limiting all teams - IPL or otherwise - to two overseas players?

IPL teams involved in the competition would need to make sure they had strong local depth, like all the other sides playing.

Last edited:

Spikey

yeah this has nothing to do with franchises for me. I just don't like how the IPL teams get 4 overseas players in the champions league.

mono

U19 Debutant
What about just limiting all teams - IPL or otherwise - to two overseas players?

IPL teams involved in the competition would need to make sure they had strong local depth, like all the other sides playing.
that would leave out somerset

mono

U19 Debutant
Excellent, excellent, divide and conquer the evildoers.
The mumbai Indians saved malinga's career. He got injured, lost his BCCSL contract & was dropped from sri lankan cricket altogether a couple of years ago. It was the Mumbai indians who picked him up and gave him another chance.