• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League Twenty20 2011

Furball

Evil Scotsman
While the decision to let Mumbai play 5 overseas players sucks. One can kind of see the predicament of the organizers. CLT20 is yet to become a brand like IPL that can pull people to the stadium and Mumbai are the biggest draw cards of the lot. With Sachin and Rohit missing out, a lot of oomph is missing from Mumbai and the only way they can hope to get some interest going is letting them play 5 overseas guys. I am sure it will not work and Mumbai will not win. Gives more excuses for people to hate though.
Sorry, but no.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
While the decision to let Mumbai play 5 overseas players sucks. One can kind of see the predicament of the organizers. CLT20 is yet to become a brand like IPL that can pull people to the stadium and Mumbai are the biggest draw cards of the lot. With Sachin and Rohit missing out, a lot of oomph is missing from Mumbai and the only way they can hope to get some interest going is letting them play 5 overseas guys. I am sure it will not work and Mumbai will not win. Gives more excuses for people to hate though.
They should have asked them to suck it up and play a local player. It was the logical thing to do. Then there's the irony of the team involved being named the Mumbai Indians.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
They should have asked them to suck it up and play a local player. It was the logical thing to do. Then there's the irony of the team involved being named the Mumbai Indians.
What are the local player rules for the IPL? I know squads are allowed 10 foreigners max, I can't believe that an IPL side wouldn't be able to field 11 Indian players in a squad of 15.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
That is what they should have done. But that would only make the MI less attractive to the public. Which is what they do not want. I am pretty sure if Sachin had been playing we would not have seen this rule bending.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
it's pathetic though. you don't change rules to favour a particular side.

if they are without their star players, so be it.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Still, funny as this is it would be awesome if a non-IPL team won this thing.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mumbai have like one man missing from a 15-man squad. They are the ones who chose to have SEVEN foreign players in that squad. The decision to allow them to gain an advantage from their stupidity is indefensible.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think everyone agrees with that.

But the Mumbai Indians name irony makes it that much more ironic.

Edit: I see that's already been pointed out, lol.

shivfan

Banned
7.40pm: Will this go on for the next 20 minutes? Seems like it, there's a while before the game gets underway. The cheerleaders are uncontrollable, and very out of sync as Flo Rida performs.
:D
This is what happens when you stop selecting black cheerleaders, and only go for white cheerleaders....

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah hate those stupid white cheerleaders, wasting their energy in the IPL and choosing not to cheer in the West Indies. Hope they slip up and get injured tbh.

Flem274*

123/5
7.40pm: Will this go on for the next 20 minutes? Seems like it, there's a while before the game gets underway. The cheerleaders are uncontrollable, and very out of sync as Flo Rida performs.
:D
This is what happens when you stop selecting black cheerleaders, and only go for white cheerleaders....
Post reported. This is just getting ridiculous. Quite frankly, if you're not going to stop this racial crap, I will be happy to show you the door.