• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Arguably Ponting and Rhodes were never the outfielder Symonds was too.
Yes that's true. I think Symonds was certainly faster across the ground than either. Saw him drop a few in slips when he went there, mind. Which surprised me I confess.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ponting was a pretty decent outfielder from whenever I've seen him tbf.
Yeah but I never said Ponting wasn't. Just because you're not the best ever doesn't mean you're not good.

I'm just showing that the debate can go many ways. Jonty didn't field in the slips as much as Ponting, and neither Ponting or Jonty fielded in the outfield as much as Symonds etc. etc.

They're the 3 best I've ever seen anyway.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How often have they been on the boundary? And neither of them had the arm Symonds had, that's for sure.

I'm not using it to say Symonds is better than them. Think you're missing my point. I'm saying that different fielders played in different parts more in their career. Doesn't necessarily make one better.

AlwaysProteas

U19 12th Man
Last edited:

Burgey

Interesting some of the players there, a couple in a commentary chair for a few years already and bing lee is still playing for Aussie. And punt too I guess. Some quality in those teams.

Paul Wilson, where is he now? haha
Paul Wilson is a FC umpire in Australia UIMM.

Top_Cat

Said hi to Blocker in the city a few weeks back, looking thin. Outstanding handlebar too, tbh.