• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I couldn't believe my eyes that UK summer. You Poms beat the daylights out of us in the ode's, we were gone, then you thrashed us in some style in the first test- incredible display really, this coming after you guys struggled in NZ and we thrashed South Africa in SA. Luckily the Aussies kept coming at the Poms and ground them down eventually, to the point where England was back to the usual crap of making desperate selections to win a test, and it backfired as usual, except for Tuffers in the 6th test!
Yeah, that was an awesome series. Got me hooked on cricket. Remember the Nasser/Thorpe partnership as clear as day. Course, after the first test all I can remember are Australian hundreds and Warne/Mgrath :p

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Dravid, at the end of his final ODI, making a point of congratulating the MOTM debutant.
Sums up the man and the way he's played this great game, IMHO. Modest in victories, gracious in defeats, upright in his conduct and always played the game with a straight bat (figuratively and otherwise).

Enormous respect is due to a true all time great and (from where I'm standing) one of the finest human beings to play the game.
+1. End of an all-time great's career.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, that was an awesome series. Got me hooked on cricket. Remember the Nasser/Thorpe partnership as clear as day. Course, after the first test all I can remember are Australian hundreds and Warne/Mgrath :p
Yeah, Nasser's 207 was what made me a fan too

And Sky are playing Noel's new tune to round off the coverage, perfect

robelinda

One of the best innings I've ever seen, that Nasser 207, the crowd roared every run for hours and hours, amazing atmosphere on tv, I thought we would get hammered after that but it didn't happen! Poor fielding and too many batting collapses cost the Poms, especially in the 3rd and 4th tests. I guess the 77 all out didn't help morale.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Team for the India ODI series?

Pietersen
Cook(c)
Trott
Bopara
Patel
Bairstow(wk)
Buttler
Bresnan
Swann
Dernbach
Finn

Be risky, as Ravi and Kev would have to bowl a fair bit. But by jove what a top 7!

keeper

U19 Vice-Captain
One of the best innings I've ever seen, that Nasser 207, the crowd roared every run for hours and hours, amazing atmosphere on tv, I thought we would get hammered after that but it didn't happen! Poor fielding and too many batting collapses cost the Poms, especially in the 3rd and 4th tests. I guess the 77 all out didn't help morale.
Good series, could have been a great one.

My over-riding memory - Waugh under the cloud at Old Trafford changing the series.

NasserFan207

Yeah, when Blewett and Elliot are carting you round the park you know your in trouble too.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Pietersen
Cook(c)
Trott
Bopara
Patel
Bairstow(wk)
Buttler
Bresnan
Swann
Dernbach
Finn

Be risky, as Ravi and Kev would have to bowl a fair bit. But by jove what a top 7!
Yeah four bowlers one of them Dernbach, might be fun chasing 350+ every match though.

Jacknife

International Captain

Pietersen
Cook(c)
Trott
Bopara
Patel
Bairstow(wk)
Buttler
Bresnan
Swann
Dernbach
Finn

I agree with you having KP open but you've not got Broad in, our best one day bowler.

robelinda

Yeah Elliott was dropped so many times on that tour, I recall Thorpe, Malcolm (more than once!) making a complete meal of less than hard chances, Elliott was a classy player though, aside from being put down so many times that Lord's ton was full of super shots.