• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Ok I admit that was a bit biased but yeah really 250 should be enough considering the loss of PP and stuff.
Because logically if you see, 270 is far too unreal because the bowl stays the same, new and shining until 15th over and the powerplays are shorter + it just ruins everything i.e gameplan:wacko:

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You would have thought if they take 10 overs off, it's should be at least worth 50 runs, 5 rpo, so something around 255 would be fair.
But they have more wickets per overs now. I'd have been fine with anything >260.

Howe_zat

Audio File
You would have thought if they take 10 overs off, it's should be at least worth 50 runs, 5 rpo, so something around 255 would be fair.
No, because the runs they take off you have to assume the chasing side got without losing any wickets.

If England got 50-55 runs without losing a wicket in 10 overs, that'd be a really good passage of play for them. So it has to be less than that to make it even.

Jacknife

International Captain
No, because the runs they take off you have to assume the chasing side got without losing any wickets.

If England got 50-55 runs without losing a wicket in 10 overs, that'd be a really good passage of play for them. So it has to be less than that to make it even.
But still just over 3 rpo is taking the piss.

Neil Pickup

Ok I admit that was a bit biased but yeah really 250 should be enough considering the loss of PP and stuff.
Because logically if you see, 270 is far too unreal because the bowl stays the same, new and shining until 15th over and the powerplays are shorter + it just ruins everything i.e gameplan:wacko:
Ever tried keeping a ball new and shiny when the outfield has just had half the atlantic emptied all over it? Or tried bowling spin with a damp ball?

Surrey made 386-3 off 38 overs earlier this season. We watched 15 overs of buggering around mid-innings with nothing happening in the early ovvers today, and that's what's been trimmed out of this reply - and let's not forget how England chased in the 23-over game.

This target might be a fraction high (Jayadevan would give 267) but only a fraction - it is infinitely easier to maintain rates for fewer overs.

Neil Pickup

That's because India scored 304.

Let's go and dig out some stats on successful 50-over chases of 304.

We should be looking for a 40-over total that gives the same chance of a successful run-chase.
304+ has been scored 279 times in ODI cricket.

This has been successfully chased on 30 occasions (10.8% of the time).

I think this target retains that perfectly fairly.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Moaning about D/L is always pointless. Even if it seems unfair, its the only system we have so its stupid to argue about unless you have something else in mind.

stumpski

International Captain
I'm more concerned about chasing 270 / 40 with Cook, Trott and Bell in the first four than by the revised target itself. We need Kieswetter to stick around.

Howe_zat

Audio File
304+ has been scored 279 times in ODI cricket.

This has been successfully chased on 30 occasions (10.8% of the time).

I think this target retains that perfectly fairly.
Would be interesting to compare that to CB40 chases of 270 or more. (cba myself obv)