• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Youtube cricket video comments vs cricinfo comments... who would take the title?
a cricinfo comment has to be approved by someone to be posted, meaning there's two people at fault for me seeing the stupid **** comment

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Youtube cricket video comments vs cricinfo comments... who would take the title?
Throw online newspaper comments in there too. Some bloke in the Daily Tele comments section was going off about Khawaja's position not being safe after a Clarke comment the other day. Apparently it's 'ridiculous' for a bloke who has three 20's and a 30 to not have his position guaranteed for the rest of his life.

I reckon we should give him a decent run, as he looks pretty good, but I certainly wouldn't think his position should be guaranteed indefinitely on his current output.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Encouraging signs so far on this tour, but our attack still worries me. We're way too reliant on Harris and Watson for penetration. And next time Harris is injured and Watson scores runs and isn't able to bowl as much (both things which are likely to happen sooner rather than later) then we're going to be in some trouble.

I'd love to see Bollinger in for Mitch. We can't afford to carry Johnson for 4 out of 5 games. We really need the 3rd seamer to front up consistently, given that Harris and Watson both have workload issues and Copeland doesn't look penetrative once the shine wears off. Having said that Johnson will probably have one of his mandatory two good games per year in the third test and take 8-fer :ph34r:

Redbacks

International Captain
Based on our selectors' previous form, they will call Dougeh in without any cricket, on the flattest of flat decks in Colombo (the Adelaide of SL) in some decent heat, and then bin him if he runs out of puff.

Cos that's how we roll.
Nothing stopping Dougeh from training full tilt at the moment though. If he got really fit and shed a few kgs he would be a better bet for the test side.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah was kind of joking, but I disagree that Anderson has been better. Obviously Harris has to string together a lot more matches at this level to be a contender, but in the little he has played I think he has been better than Anderson. Don't think Anderson would be doing this well on these kind of pitches either.
Then you're wrong.

Jayzamann

International Regular
a cricinfo comment has to be approved by someone to be posted, meaning there's two people at fault for me seeing the stupid **** comment
Honestly, if you were interning at ESPN, you'd probably approve all the tardbastard comments just for the lols.

Ruckus

International Captain
Then you're wrong.
Pffft. In the few matches he played in the Ashes he performed equally to him (against far better batting), and I'd put my money on Harris outperforming him here if they were playing side by side as well. Anderson has shown he can perform well on relatively lifeless pitches, so I'd back him to do a good job as well, but is it really that outrageous to suggest he wouldn't have better returns than 11 wickets @ 14.54 in conditions that have offered hardly any swing? I don't know if you've been watching but Harris' bowling in this series so far has been outstanding.

Ruckus

International Captain
Sounds like it's just a bit of a niggle, probably nothing too serious. Still might be a good idea to rest him for the next test though. Gonna be extremely difficult to win without him.

flibbertyjibber

Australia can be satisfied despite not winning. 2 tests in SL and they have totally dominated both and with better weather would be 2 up. At least they can't lose the series now which many would have feared going into the series.

Sri Lanka just don't have the bowlers to cause problems. About as weak as the Bangladesh attack at present.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Rest Harris, play Hughes, Khawaja and Marsh, and go for the draw! Everybody wins! (draws)

Burgey

You never know, if P Siddy plays, he may be infected with the Control Virus which Johnson seems to have caught on this tour.

nsniks, thanks for the link on Mendis.

Cricket_Champ

Cricket Spectator
Encouraging signs so far on this tour, but our attack still worries me. We're way too reliant on Harris and Watson for penetration. And next time Harris is injured and Watson scores runs and isn't able to bowl as much (both things which are likely to happen sooner rather than later) then we're going to be in some trouble.

I'd love to see Bollinger in for Mitch. We can't afford to carry Johnson for 4 out of 5 games. We really need the 3rd seamer to front up consistently, given that Harris and Watson both have workload issues and Copeland doesn't look penetrative once the shine wears off. Having said that Johnson will probably have one of his mandatory two good games per year in the third test and take 8-fer :ph34r:
MJ hasn't been bad this series and Bollinger certainly hasn't been any better. Anyway, you can't expect your three quicks to all be firing at once. There will always be a standout. This series, it just happens to be Harris.

To be honest, I like the way our attack is shaping up at the moment. Harris and Copeland look good with the new ball, MJ has been solid at first change and Lyon has so far looked the goods. Give Copeland and Lyon some time to develop and Harris some time to get back to full fitness and we'll have a very good attack IMO.

Spark

Global Moderator
Of course Bollinger hasn't been better - he hasn't played!

Unless you mean the ODIs in which case, no, Bollinger was easily our best bowler.