• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
These 2 are generally pretty good at rotating the strike. There seems to be no real intent to do so though which is odd.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I honestly think Raina should be at seven in this lineup, used as a finisher to accelerate the innings. Jadeja's utility lies as a middle overs accumulator so he should be in now with Dhoni, IMO.
Mmm. Raina's a little too good to bat at 7 in an ODI, however sound the tactical considerations are. Would expect an awful lot of 24* (12) and wondering what he could have done with more time.

Uppercut

Dunno if he could have got there but Kieswetter's feet were like lead there. Was a similar one down the leg side off Raina in the last game IIRC.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Mmm. Raina's a little too good to bat at 7 in an ODI, however sound the tactical considerations are. Would expect an awful lot of 24* (12) and wondering what he could have done with more time.
He bats at 7 in a full strength Indian lineup and in any case unless needed to accelerate/finish early on.Was positioned to bat there in the world cup too.

Uppercut

He bats at 7 in a full strength Indian lineup and in any case unless needed to accelerate early on.Was positioned to bat there in the world cup too.
Yeah but you were looking at Sehwag, Gambhir, Tendulkar, Yuvraj back then. If you bat him at 7 in this lineup you have all kinds of junk coming in ahead of him.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ten minutes ago I'd say so. There's been a lot more shots in the last couple of overs, just neither of them timed it.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I'm confused at this. Are they just making sure they stay in to attack at the death?
Think so.

After losing 2 quick wickets they seem to be afraid of the collapse.

Has been odd pacing of the innings from the start. The openers were aiming too high for my liking and getting carried away after a good start and these 2 are aiming a bit low. A lot of it down to the team balance being a bit off in terms of type of batsmen and the position they are batting in.

Last edited:

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Why doesn't Raina just clear the front leg in Tests too? Seems to be the only way he can hit the ball.

Finn getting smacked all around the park. Nearly 6 an over. Oh for Dernbach......

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
So the plan was to go from first gear to fifth gear immediately. I would say that's stupid but its working atm.