• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 and ODI matches

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think Broad did Parthiv for pace there, looked very late on it. Odd as he's one of the better players of the short ball from the Indian newbs I've seen.

Anyway, missed first 13 overs as was watching the rugby. Turned over to see Broad's first wicket and Rahane staying on to act as Dravid's runner. How come? As India were inserted how has the great man been injured already? If it was pre-existing knock he shouldn't be allowed a runner, should he?

Xuhaib

International Coach
Finn is only young. His accuracy will come. He is a line and length bowler a la McGrath.

Pidge used to do his business at 80-85mph. Maybe Finn can do the same but at 90-97mph!?
Mcgrath is among the top 5 pacers off all time you add 10-12 mph to his bowling you get a freak cricketer ala Bradman who is twice as good as any fast bowler that has ever played surely you are not implying Finn will be a bowling version of Don.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Patel falls to the short ball. Another young Indian falls to the deadly bouncer!

The future England attack of Broad, Finn and Woakes makes me smile! :D

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Finn is only young. His accuracy will come. He is a line and length bowler a la McGrath.

Pidge used to do his business at 80-85mph. Maybe Finn can do the same but at 90-97mph!?
Hello, Munaf!

So it's not so tough to bowl at 145K+ without losing accuracy.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
What did Stuart Broad tell Patel? Maybe the only time that I've felt better seeing an Indian getting sledged off the ground...

The_roc

U19 Captain
Pleased to see a couple of wickets go down, but I think Cookies captaincy has been poor. Should have had more attacking fields early on.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid needs to keep it rotating,imo. Got off the mark in 12 balls.

One of the reasons why Rahane going overboard attacking was getting carried away too much.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Cook seems an average captain he comes across as a guy who thinks so much about his own game that he may not be the best choice to captain a bit like Chanderpaul

OMM!

U19 12th Man
I'm not saying Finn will definitely be a combination of Shaun Tait and Glenn McGrath. I'm just saying he has the potential to be such an animal.

He adds yet another variation to an already talented and varied England pace attack.

Anderson's new ball swing skills, Broad's late movement and pace, Bresnan's unrelenting accuracy and reverse swing, Tremlett's height and disconcerting bounce, Onions' stump-to-stump threateners, Dernbach's magic bag full of tricks, Shahzad's reverse swinging toe-crushers and now Finn's howitzer of a right arm producing deadly pace!

All we lack is a world class left arm seamer. If only Ryan Sidebottom was 5-10 years younger!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think Broad did Parthiv for pace there, looked very late on it. Odd as he's one of the better players of the short ball from the Indian newbs I've seen.

Anyway, missed first 13 overs as was watching the rugby. Turned over to see Broad's first wicket and Rahane staying on to act as Dravid's runner. How come? As India were inserted how has the great man been injured already? If it was pre-existing knock he shouldn't be allowed a runner, should he?
I see it was Parthiv's runner as he exited with him. Disregard. Confused me Rahane walking back to the crease with Dravid. :ph34r:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Cook really likes bowling Bopara doesn't he?

Almost as if he has to bring him on to bowl to justify his place in the side.

OMM!

U19 12th Man
It's lucky England have such good bowlers/fielders who have made Cook look like a decent captain so far. He is abysmal. Bring in Bell as skipper!