• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well he was crap in the OD series too. And really I wouldn't mind it at all if Wade took his spot there......but we know that won't happen.

Has been pretty decent so far with the gloves too this test series btw

benchmark00

Well he was crap in the OD series too. And really I wouldn't mind it at all if Wade took his spot there......but we know that won't happen.

Has been pretty decent so far with the gloves too this test series btw
Who cares about one dayers, especially when he's playing in a totally different, and unsuitable, role.

Thought we were picking a test match side here.

Spikey

Daniel Smith ftw.
dude we chopped his contract.

Peter Nevill FC ton count: 2
Tim Paine FC ton count: 1

Open and shut case imo.

and benchmark00 you know I wasn't saying oh cut haddin because of his OD form. but we both know people outside of cricketweb will be factoring his failures there in saying cut haddin

Spikey

yeah but that's cause he's going to the champs league. steve smith also starred with the ball iirc. bring him back imo

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Yeah wtf. Haddin averaged 45 and looked good in our last test series before this one, the same series where we got pumped.

So we should drop him on the basis of 1.5 matches? Ridiculous.
I didn't he say that he should be dropped, well not for the test team anyway. I was trying to say that basically I don't the like his pattern of dismissals and that I also think that he has underachieved a bit on the international stage for a guy with his level of talent.

Top_Cat

Yeah wtf. Haddin averaged 45 and looked good in our last test series before this one, the same series where we got pumped.

So we should drop him on the basis of 1.5 matches? Ridiculous.
No, should drop him because he's a ****, once abused Bl0kka Wilson in a ING Cup Final match for no good reason.

Never forget.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
And yeah there's that question to. You drop Hughes who opens? The dude with more exp opening or the dude who just tonned up at number 3...Just tell Pointing to chill with the baby.
Keep reading how Khawaja has opened all through age group and grade cricket, so he'd be the obvious choice.

Be harsh to drop a bloke who's smacked 140+ on debut, gash attack notwithstanding. Particularly when there are two chaps who're still struggling to establish themselves.

I know it's what people have said about Marsh's technique for ages, but he looks a test player, doesn't he? If he can turn the pretty 40s into attractive tons he could have a serious career. Dead spit of his old man too, isn't he?

Personally, I'm getting a bit tired of Haddin's batting failures lately. The guy constantly throws his wicket away and struggles to score runs in important situations. It's become apparent that Haddin obviously struggles against spin bowling at times and you can't just slog your way out of trouble. His keeping is always going to be modest without being great and the guy also isn't getting any younger.

In summary, I think Haddin has underachived on the international stage. He can't score any runs in one day cricket either.
Never been a fan of Haddin and I must admit I though his batting looked over-coached when I first saw him, but he's had a decent career so I'm going to resist the urge to make one of those ****ish "I said he was always gash" posts as he clearly proved me wrong, but, given his age, his keeping and Paine being so well thought of, I reckon he'll have to watch himself

Spikey

assuming - and it's a big assumption - he survives until the summer and the new selectors are in place it'll be interesting to see if Paine gets made captain of the Aus A team again.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Paine? Probs not, but it's close.

Haddin definitely though.
I can only assume you're referring to Haddin's ability with a banjo in his hands or his ability to cook a good steak, as you cannot seriously be telling me that Haddin is a better cricketer than Prior.