• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Congrats Marsh! 100 on debut, awesome innings so far. Really happy that the selectors picked him instead of looking at his overall first class average as many people do.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Tony Grieg, does he taok about anything cricket? Bi-***uals, tourism, lamb chops, i guess he did spend half the day in the least test arguing over MEDIUM PACERS. He better not get a gig in SA, we want one Aussie series away from him, big long summer coming up.....

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Tony Grieg, does he taok about anything cricket? Bi-***uals, tourism, lamb chops, i guess he did spend half the day in the least test arguing over MEDIUM PACERS. He better not get a gig in SA, we want one Aussie series away from him, big long summer coming up.....
My dad was telling me the funniest stories about the arguments him and Chappelli used to have in the com box

iamdavid

International Debutant
Wouldn't be at all suprised if Ponting called it a day right now, ala Nasser Hussain in 2004 after Strauss' debut hundred. Parting with his wife and new-born kid to travel all the way back to Sri Lanka will be tough, especially after watching the team getting on with the job seamlessly in his absense and one of his young mates playing so well on debut.

I think we'll need him in upcoming campaigns, especially South Africa, but now does have a bit of a 'the time is right' feel to it.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Most poignant thing I read yesterday was that North got a century on debut as well.

All the success for Marsh now and I'm happy for him. He just needs to back it up. I remember the awesome century he scored in Hobart(?) last summer, and didn't back that up with much at all.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Old school Australian domination. So excited for Shaun Marsh. Regardless of conditions, bowling attack or the position of the match, it is an fantastic effort to score a century on debut in Sri Lanka.

Ruckus

International Captain
Most poignant thing I read yesterday was that North got a century on debut as well.

All the success for Marsh now and I'm happy for him. He just needs to back it up. I remember the awesome century he scored in Hobart(?) last summer, and didn't back that up with much at all.
Yeah congrats to Marsh, he definately has class, but the fact he scored a century here doesn't really change anything. Really hope he does well, but his real challenge will be continuing to maintain this level of concentration. Still skeptical that he could average 45+ in the long term, but we'll see.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain

Yes, I keep thinking about that, but North had always been an all or nothing player that's why he has so many first class tons.

Shaun Marsh is different kettle of fish.

It will be interesting to see him bat if he stays in the team. That will be a different sort of pressure again.