• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marsh looks so good in defence, lovely straight bat alongside pad, glorious. Bill Lawry would be proud. I know Marsh is inconsistent but he does look good. As his fans will tell you his last 3 seasons have been really good for WA, unlike North who was always fairly average for WA.
Huge talent, tiny brain has been the mail in the past

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Sri Lanka are doing a brilliant job of making England look incredibly good. England beat this Aussie team 3-1 in their own back yard! :laugh:

Without Murali, Vaas and Malinga, Sri Lanka have the 2nd worst bowling attack in International cricket, with only Bangladesh being worse!

All their bowlers average 40 odd, it's pathetic at this level!

Stapel

International Regular
Sri Lanka are doing a brilliant job of making England look incredibly good. England beat this Aussie team 3-1 in their own back yard! :laugh:

Without Murali, Vaas and Malinga, Sri Lanka have the 2nd worst bowling attack in International cricket, with only Bangladesh being worse!

I wouldn't put it this way, but yeah...., Sri Lanka's bowling is not impressive at all.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

OMM!

U19 12th Man
But at least India have Zaheer waiting to come back and Ishant can be decent. Whereas these are Sri Lanka's best bowlers playing in this series!

Their spinners are OK to decent and they have good depth in that department, but seriously, the fact Maharoof is still in and around the team as a bowler says it all! He looks like a 76 year old trying to bowl!

Furball

Evil Scotsman
But at least India have Zaheer waiting to come back and Ishant can be decent. Whereas these are Sri Lanka's best bowlers playing in this series!

Their spinners are OK to decent and they have good depth in that department, but seriously, the fact Maharoof is still in and around the team as a bowler says it all! He looks like a 76 year old trying to bowl!
You might as well say "but Sri Lanka could coax Murali out of retirement" - Zaheer Khan is 33 years old, unfit, and will be seriously struggling to be ready for the Border-Gavaskar series. Plus he's pretty much guaranteed to break down as soon as he looks good again. India need to build their bowling unit around Praveen Kumar.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Win, lose or draw, I'm just happy to see Australia playing like a professional outfit again.

It's amazing what can happen when a captain has a plan, the bowlers have the ability to adhere to it and the batsmen put some sort of price on their wicket
Indeed. Though I'd prefer the win

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I just want big Rhino to stay fit and Bollinger to come back into the squad tbh. Everything else seems to be taking care of itself.

BlazeDragon

Banned
I just want big Rhino to stay fit and Bollinger to come back into the squad tbh. Everything else seems to be taking care of itself.
In place of who through? Surely they won't drop Harris and Johnson and they won't just waste a young talent like Copeland. But its good that Australia finally have some competitions going on among themselves however.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
In place of who through? Surely they won't drop Harris and Johnson and they won't just waste a young talent like Copeland. But its good that Australia finally have some competitions going on among themselves however.
Back into the squad and contention is all I ask. Potential replacement for when Johnson inevitably loses his head

BlazeDragon

Banned
Back into the squad and contention is all I ask. Potential replacement for when Johnson inevitably loses his head
Well there is no doubt about that after the ODI series. He will be in for either Siddle or Pattinson. But can't see him playing for a while though if they others keep performing like this.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
I doubt Harris will play any more than 4 or 5 tests in a row, injury prone. Quite like the look of Pattinson, but i'd pick Bollinger ahead of him, and Johnson too. Not a Johnson fan. Dougeh!!!!!!!!!

adub

International Captain
Well there is no doubt about that after the ODI series. He will be in for either Siddle or Pattinson. But can't see him playing for a while though if they others keep performing like this.
I think he'd offer more than Johnson (but then I always think that). The problem with MJ is that is worst is just so bad that it makes his current passable look much better than it is.

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah it's a difficult one to decide who should replace Harris when he inevitably gets injured some time or another. The problem is I reckon the key to this bowling attack so far has largely been down to the supreme tightness of the Harris/Copeland pairing. They just complement each other so well. Bollinger is awesome, but there is no denying he can leak a few runs occasionally. He would be a perfect substitute for someone like Johnson if need be.