• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's it. Shut it down. Go home everybody. Sorry Nanananananaden, they will be no century. Get the match fixing people here.

Spikey

For Clarke it was guile but when Dilshan does this it seems like he's taking the piss.
yeah it's as simple as you know Clarke was serious...Dilshan doesn't even bowl his opening bowlers, let alone wildcards like this. Guess he doesn't want to be captain either.

Spark

Global Moderator
I hate to say it because it's not really his fault but sometimes I can't help but think that Dilshan must be one of the most clueless Test captains I've ever seen.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Still can't understand why you'd ever leave out 3rd man in favour of fine leg. If a batsmen gets four runs off my bowling, I want it to be because I bowled a **** ball or he played a great shot, not because he was a lucky ****.

Spark

Global Moderator
Still can't understand why you'd ever leave out 3rd man in favour of fine leg. If a batsmen gets four runs off my bowling, I want it to be because I bowled a **** ball or he played a great shot, not because he was a lucky ****.
Forces the bowler to bowl far too wide and harmlessly otherwise.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
You'd have to have pretty pathetic faith in your bowling for that. You don't have to bowl miles outside off, you just have to avoid bowling **** on or outside leg stump.

Spikey

I hate to say it because it's not really his fault but sometimes I can't help but think that Dilshan must be one of the most clueless Test captains I've ever seen.
Disagree. He knows what he's doing - sadly his masterplan to get sacked won't work because incompetence only gets rewarded by the SLCB

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
You'd have to have pretty pathetic faith in your bowling for that. You don't have to bowl miles outside off, you just have to avoid bowling **** on or outside leg stump.
International class batsmen are more than good enough to take balls on leg-and-middle stump down towards the general fine leg region. It'd be silly to have a field where every time you bowled anywhere near the stumps you were a real risk of going for four. It's too much to ask to say "bowl at the top of off, but not three inches further down leg or you go for four"

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I guess so, probably thinking too much in terms of high school level cricket, where the batsmen obviously don't have those kind of capabilities.

Spikey

but really. if dilshan contiunes to bowl himself somebody has to report this match to the match fixing watch dog