• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
If SL hadn't been so gutless in the first innings this would be a heck of a game. Just got to feel that once the new ball comes Mathews is going to go. If not sooner.
Will be the key. Fancy Mathews will look to attack then.

Might have been worth saving Watson for the new ball, see if he can get it to swing conventionally.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Will be the key. Fancy Mathews will look to attack then.

Might have been worth saving Watson for the new ball, see if he can get it to swing conventionally.
As a neutral I'm hoping Mathews gets a bit of luck and a flurry of boundaries come off the new ball. Have to say I doubt he is up to it.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I thought when I turned on the laptop that if these two played out a wicketless session we'd have a game on. Rain means we're still 40 runs or so from Sri Lanka really being in it at all, but encouraging signs nonetheless.

How well has Mahela batted? And what's gone wrong with Lyon?

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
Whats happened to the pitch?
Is the ball too old?

I know Jayawardene is awesome but he's making it look easy out there.
I love watching teams try and break decent partnerships. Sri Lanka will lose but this is bad for Australia in the 2nd test.:(
EDIT *touch wood*

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

3 brilliant catches + a terrible shot hasn't happened

yet

His performance this innings hasn't been that worse than his first innings performance really, just luck hasn't gone his way yet

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
I thought when I turned on the laptop that if these two played out a wicketless session we'd have a game on. Rain means we're still 40 runs or so from Sri Lanka really being in it at all, but encouraging signs nonetheless.

I haven't been watching this morning, how have the fields been set?

He's a very inexperienced young bowler, I can't imagine much has 'gone wrong' for him. He ain't Warne.

TumTum

Banned
I haven't been watching this morning, how have the fields been set?

He's a very inexperienced young bowler, I can't imagine much has 'gone wrong' for him. He ain't Warne.
He's doing ok, to describe him best would be to think of Hauritz but with the spin and bounce. This isnt a dust bowl like people say, its just inconsistent but has flatened out.

Clarke had Haddin up for Copeland from the start which was a bit stupid. I hope they change that in the second session.

Last edited:

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
He's doing ok, to describe him best would be to think of Hauritz but with the spin and bounce. This isnt a dust bowl like people say, its just inconsistent but has flatened out.
I like the look of him as a bowler and unlike Hauritz, he's played stuff all first class, so I hope he's given a couple of series at least to develop. That's kind of unfashionable thinking though so it's unlikely.

Last edited: