• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Surprised that Ponting hasn't bowled spin before (or has he?). I remember some right arm low and straight stuff but no spin. He doesn't seem that bad at all.
Distinctly remember seeing him bowl a ten over spell (or close to) of offies for Tasmania in a one day game a few years ago. Pretty sure he's bowled offies in Tests at least once too although I don't remember the exact game.

Jayzamann

International Regular
And I switched over to the footy just in time to miss Ponting twirl some into Mahela's pads. Typical, grr!

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I feel as though I'm not getting good enough recognition for the Ponting call.

Praise me, ****s, praise me!

Mr Popodopolous

Cricket Spectator
pitch turns a ****load in SL/IND/PAK and teams are bowled out for 200-100 = horrible pitch. dustbowl. boycott the subcontinent.

pitch is green and the ball seams around in NZ/ENG/SAF/AUS and teams are bowled out for 200-100 = what a pitch. true cricket. great contest between bat and ball.

LOL
Seems to be a bit of a bias against spin I think- just a small one but all the same I'm all for a lively track provided it isn't dangerous- pace or spin, matters not. Pacers have done quite ok on this too though...

Mr Popodopolous

Cricket Spectator
the quality here is determined by how good the players are at playing on this sort of a pitch.
it's not like the ball is turning square or anything. batsmen are just ill-disciplined and are failing to adjust to the variations caused by the pitch (which means they are not good at playing on a wicket like this).
Good point- Hussey in the 1st Innings and Clarke in the 2nd- both excellent players of spin, both batted very well. Having said that, the SL batting failure in the 1st dig especially, I dunno- too expansive?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Reading through the thread the other day, and people were talking about how good a player of spin Haddin is. Can I make it clear that I think he's not good at all; the only time that he ever looks confident driving is when he goes downtown, he generally pushes hard at the ball when defending (although the fact that he gets his bat in front of his pad does kill the chances of bat pads), and he doesn't use his crease both ways like you see a Clarke, Dravid or (to take a similar style batsman who learnt how to get better at playing spin) Martyn do.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Honestly dunno why anyone's surprised at Ponting's a gun bowler, has always been the case whether pace or spin.

The **** can simply do anything.