• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Howe_zat

Audio File
You must have seen a different angle to the ones I saw if you reckoned there was enough evidence to overturn the onfield call.

If he'd been given, there wouldn't have been enough evidence to overturn that, either. One of those things I guess.
I didn't see it, I'm just talking in general. If you see a wicket, you should feel free to overturn it. That's enough.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure about "we will still win" bit with three days still left 280 odd doesn't look all that daunting, guys like Mahela, Sanga, Dilshan, Samerweera aren't always going to get out cheaply.
There are reasons why the 2nd day is finished and the match is nearly over....

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I didn't see it, I'm just talking in general. If you see a wicket, you should feel free to overturn it. That's enough.
Yeah fair dos. Just saying I don't think there was enough there to do so. He's taken a different view, plainly.

Spark

Global Moderator
Clarke's knock a beauty in the context of this match.
If you've got to 50 you've done beautifully.

I know the wicket balls haven't been entirely to do with the pitch but the pitch gets in your head, messes up your footwork and makes you do things you wouldn't normally be comfortable doing, so it's not as simple as "just **** batting" being the reason 26 wickets have fallen in less than two days.

pup11

International Coach
Eh... Paine was decent when he played and Haddin was obvs our second best bat in the Ashes. Otherwise, yeah.
If you are gonna look at it that way then North scored 5 test centuries at #6 and even Smith has a couple of test 50's to his name as well, but that's really not the point we have struggled to find any consistency from our lower middle order, they seem to crumble in predictable and identical fashion game after game and haven't seen any attempt to correct that either.

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
Happy with our bowling but our batsmen really need to step up or they will end up costing us this test match which is already slipping away towards a loss.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Happy with our bowling but our batsmen really need to step up or they will end up costing us this test match which is already slipping away towards a loss.
and possibly the series....

would be hard to get a result in the 3rd game unless there's a collapse.

pup11

International Coach
On this pitch 280 is plenty.
The pitch is bad but its not as if every second ball is scooting at ankle height, like Clarke showed a good player of spin can still score runs on this pitch with ease and also we shouldn't forget that Lankans are brought up playing cricket on pretty similar conditions, would be far more confident about our chances if we add another 40-50 runs tomorrow.

Spark

Global Moderator
The pitch is bad but its not as if every second ball is scooting at ankle height, like Clarke showed a good player of spin can still score runs on this pitch with ease and also we shouldn't forget that Lankans are brought up playing cricket on pretty similar conditions, would be far more confident about our chances if we add another 40-50 runs tomorrow.
That's probably one of the best knocks Clarke has ever played. And he is one of the best players of spin this country has ever produced.

And he still only made 60.

I agree that I'd feel a lot safer with 350-ish but if we can't defend 280 on this deck then we've got serious problems.