• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Riggins

International Captain
Anyone know whose acually covering this? Who do I need to email to get them the show the Sri Lankan dismissals!??

adub

International Captain
I wonder if Hughes has had a chat with Hayden about batting in sub-continental conditions. His preference for sweeping is reminiscent of Haydos' breakthrough series in India.

Stapel

International Regular
seriously, batsmen have become so ill-disciplined.
so many rash shots/dismissals today...
I fully agree with this!

However, there comes a moment in cricket where a pitch is so hostile, that a batsman can't handle it, so his wicket will fall any moment. Time to slog then,as many/most tailenders do. Judging from cricinfo's commentary (I haven't seen any of it myself) this wicket indeed is too hot to handle for proper batsmen.

Is that really true?

If so, I would argue the pitch is rubbish......

Spark

Global Moderator
I fully agree with this!

However, there comes a moment in cricket where a pitch is so hostile, that a batsman can't handle it, so his wicket will fall any moment. Time to slog then,as many/most tailenders do. Judging from cricinfo's commentary (I haven't seen any of it myself) this wicket indeed is too hot to handle for proper batsmen.

Is that really true?

If so, I would argue the pitch is rubbish......
Haha, nah. This pitch is tough to bat on for sure but some of the batting has been hilariously bad.

Jayzamann

International Regular
It's refreshing to see the ball dominate. It's no more flattering to mediocre bowlers as much as roads have flattered mediocre batsmen.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's refreshing to see the ball dominate. It's no more flattering to mediocre bowlers as much as roads have flattered mediocre batsmen.
Yeah precisely. If we complain about flat wickets then we should be praising wickets like this. This might be a bit overdone but I won't hold that against it. The cricket has been great.

Ruckus

International Captain
Didn't manage to watch any of the earlier stuff. Were Lyon's wickets more to do with solid bowling or just ridiculous assistance from the pitch/batsmen? Also how did Harris, Johnson and Copeland fare? Threatening or otherwise?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Been very impressed with Clarke's captaincy so far

Whilst it obviously helps that his attack actually managed to put 2 balls in a row in the same spot for a change, he seemed to have good plans and has also started off batting quite aggressively here which is exactly what the teams needs.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez the slow mo replay looked like that turned, but hawkeye showed no deviation. May have been a weird angle on the slow mo.

Spark

Global Moderator
Didn't manage to watch any of the earlier stuff. Were Lyon's wickets more to do with solid bowling or just ridiculous assistance from the pitch/batsmen? Also how did Harris, Johnson and Copeland fare? Threatening or otherwise?
Solid bowling but then the SL tail played like the SL tail.

Threatening
Johnson
Tight.

---

I thought that turned... interesting. Still, OK knock in the circumstances.