• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Spark

Global Moderator
I did. That bad eh?
Well, he managed to get bat on this one at least.

Although I was trying to say the Cardiff dismissal was worse. That was a genuinely wild heave.

---

I swear SL's tailenders are the dumbest in the world. They don't even look bad on paper but they just get out in the softest ways.

Jayzamann

International Regular
First Michelle in FC cricket.

Amazin!~

Took 10 runs off his FC bowling average today as well.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
SL look a side under pressure, know the bowling is weak and it is getting to the batting. Bit like Australia in the ashes, maybe it is going to get worse for them before it gets better. Australia starting first step up a very steep slope they hurtled down too quickly, promising start.
That’s why I always thought Aus were favourites here. No bowling attack and a batting line-up which hasn’t fired collectively in a while meant Sri Lanka were always going to be under the pump.

5 on debut! :D

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm gonna be controversial and say that Lyon has a lot more to him than any of the Sri Lankan spinners who bowled today, so if he isn't overawed by the occasion and doesn't struggle fitness-wise with the workload over five days (two pretty big ifs, admittedly) he could have a real impact in this game. The other thing to consider though is the fact that Sangakkara, Jayawadene and Samaraweera will more than likely play him infinitely better than anyone (Hussey excepted) played Sri Lanka's spinners today, so it'll be tough for him, but I reckon he could be in for a huge game. He shouldn't be there yet but deep down I know he's a gun so I'm really not anywhere near as pissed off at O'Keefe not playing than if Beer or Doherty had been here instead.

For the first time since Warne's retirement I legitimately think Australia might have found a long-term spinner for all conditions, even if we did pick him a season or two early.
Yeah, it's not based on figures or performance (he wasn't even amazing in the CAC/FL), which is un-PEWS-like and precisely why I wouldn't have picked him until the end of next Shield season (at the absolute earliest), but he really looks a proper bowler. Strong action, good pivot that gets him nice away drift and he comes right over the top of the ball to extract over- and side-spin. Massive potential IMO; hope he's not ruined by playing here or dumped if he struggles with the fitness demands of five day cricket but I have a feeling he might just step up immediately and play a key role here.
Haters can suck it.

dear pews,

please mail me the details of what you're smoking at the moment.

thanks,

bun
lol