• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
Run rate of 1.8?? What the hell are we doing out there. Its true that we have time on our hands but this is ridiculous. Get some runs on the board ffs!!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Run rate of 1.8?? What the hell are we doing out there. Its true that we have time on our hands but this is ridiculous. Get some runs on the board ffs!!
Might actually shock you to know that Autralia has bowled pretty well in the first session. Edit: I should say it's shocked me.

Copeland bowling with Johnson. The sublime and he ridiculous all at once.

Last edited:

Burgey

That is indeed shocking. :ph34r:
Hey, no argument from me.

Really though, if you can get two other seam bowlers who give little-to-nothing away, it's a perfect thing for Johnson. He can just be Johnson. If he's sharing the ball with two blokes who are going for plenty as well, it just compounds his inconsistency, from a team POV.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Hey, no argument from me.

Really though, if you can get two other seam bowlers who give little-to-nothing away, it's a perfect thing for Johnson. He can just be Johnson. If he's sharing the ball with two blokes who are going for plenty as well, it just compounds his inconsistency, from a team POV.
There is that. Johnson needs to take more wickets though.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually both sides have bowled well on this pitch. Thats the main reason we have seen so many wickets fall already.

Burgey

There is that. Johnson needs to take more wickets though.
He's that kind of bowler though. No wickets one game or innings, then a bucketload the next.

A wonderful dissertation on the Johnson enigma can be found here. :cool:

Last edited:

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
He's that kind of bowler though. No wickets one game or innings, then a bucketload the next.

A wonderful dissertation on the Johnson enigma can be found here. :cool:
That's yours, is it? Nicely written and the last bit is what I think of him. Never a dull moment with Johnson in the team.

I just think he's been given the sort of athletic gifts that have forced him in some ways into being a top sportsman but he hasn't got a really competitive mindset.

He may love playing sport but it's the playing rather than the competing that he loves perhaps. Who knows?

It must drive his coaches nuts.

This is very nice bowling by Watto. He must feel like a million bucks being quicker than one of our opening bowlers.