• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
M00phy, you have said before you've faced Copeland. How do you rate him pace-wise, compared with some of the faster blokes around the grade scene?

Sernd reply by 12.15pm for free ribs.
Definitely not the quickest going around, but probably in terms of pace in openers at grade level he'd be around the norm. Some are quicker, some slower.

Fox blokes in the studio from 2pm

Kick off at 2:30pm

Stumps at 9:30pm (assuming no extra half hour)
Ch33rs.

Burgey

Definitely not the quickest going around, but probably in terms of pace in openers at grade level he'd be around the norm. Some are quicker, some slower.

Ch33rs.
You played against that Ken Daley fella, was from Parra originally then NDs (I think)?

He's actually deaf. A mate of mine was umpiring him in a first grade game and the batsman edged one into his pads. The slips went up for lbw but he didn't. As he walked past the umpire he said "Even I heard that, FFS".

benchmark00

You played against that Ken Daley fella, was from Parra originally then NDs (I think)?

He's actually deaf. A mate of mine was umpiring him in a first grade game and the batsman edged one into his pads. The slips went up for lbw but he didn't. As he walked past the umpire he said "Even I heard that, FFS".
Haha nah haven't played Daley, have heard about him though. Bit of a cult following.

adub

International Captain
Lord's 1st innings in the 09 Ashes too, all the talk was about Mitch's self-destruction and fair enough but we lost that Test by hooking our way to 250ao on a road.
Maybe Hilditch was offering coaching tips?

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Maybe Hilditch was offering coaching tips?
Hilditch - "the key is to aim your hook somewhere near the fine leg fieldsman, and hope like all buggery that all the time hooking Greg Ritchies bowling in the nets sends that delivery from Hadlee sailing over the fence, if not then don't worry, you'll most likely get plenty more balls in that area to try again next innings, and the next innings, and the next innings."

Top_Cat

In fairness, the same shots were 6 on AO!

Hilditch certainly did his bit to dispel the 'myth' that batters from SA can't bat anywhere else.

Last edited:

benchmark00

In fairness, the same shots were 6 on AO!

Hilditch certainly did his bit to dispel the 'myth' that batters from SA can't bat anywhere else.
You've proven you can bat in the shower/strip joint/outside a McDonalds restaurant also tbf.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Putting my house on a draw. But then again I did see the MCG test last summer. Only takes 2 sessions to bowl us out twice.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
You actually are Copeland, aren't you?
I wish, ey?

Will be stoked if Copes can just keep it tight, and maybe pick out a wicket or two.

Regardless of how he peforms, Copeland deserves this chance. He's everything I've been crying out for - a line and length bowler who has backed it up domestically. In a way, if he fails, everything I believe in fails. Hmm.

I still have O'Keefers. :wub:

Spark

Global Moderator
There wouldn't be a long turnaround in terms of when the rain stops and when play starts, would there?

EDIT: Or not.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tipping Lyon to get a hammered a bit early but come back with key scalps in both innings. Will take at least four wickets in the match IMO; quietly tipping a couple more.

Top_Cat

9.20am And immediately I have bad news for you, courtesy the honorary Sri Lankan, Tony Greig. He tweets, "Ground staff in Gall starting to remove covers it will take minimum 2 hours"