• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Spark

Global Moderator
This is the audio of Pup's interview that most of today's stories are coming from.

audio-player

To me that sounds like Copeland is a lock, and Khawaja is close to a lock, but being Captain means you have to talk up all of your players. Don't think the spin option is any clearer, but then how do you split two guys with so little achievement?
Yeah, Dan Brettig is a massive Marsh fanboy, so I think that got amped up in transit.

Spark

Global Moderator
Maybe that's why my comment on his article didn't get published on cricinfo.
Trust me, it's for your own good :p Don't get sucked into the cesspit!

---

Apparently Clarke shelled another at slip. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

---

Look, we should have the upper hand here. I just fear that we still every now and then have moments or spells of utter fail where we throw away Tests like we have in the past.

Last edited:

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Trust me, it's for your own good :p Don't get sucked into the cesspit!

---

Apparently Clarke shelled another at slip. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

---

Look, we should have the upper hand here. I just fear that we still every now and then have moments or spells of utter fail where we throw away Tests like we have in the past.
Agree with Clarke that a lot depends on the pitch.

Clarke shells 'em at slip a lot, doesn't he? He should know that he's not a reliable slipsman by now. I suppose he's getting to play out his fantasies of what he thinks the Aussie skipper 'ought' to do. Bat further up the order and sit in slip.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Plus a proven ability to bowl 20 over plus spells, an economy rate under 2.5 rpo, and a great pair of hands that allow him to field in the cordon - what's not to like?
Yeah, he's got the lot. Shame he can't keep wickets to himself that way we could get rid of the brainless backstop.

Spark

Global Moderator
Two days out the question needs to be asked - Beer or Lyon?
Either, but not both, not fussed. Lyon probably slightly more likely to get wickets but Beer probably slightly more likely to do the job Clarke will want - hold up an end and apply some pressure over long spells.

adub

International Captain
Agree with Clarke that a lot depends on the pitch.

Clarke shells 'em at slip a lot, doesn't he? He should know that he's not a reliable slipsman by now. I suppose he's getting to play out his fantasies of what he thinks the Aussie skipper 'ought' to do. Bat further up the order and sit in slip.
Somebody should organise a lunch for him and Tugger so the old dog can explain a few home truths to the young pup.

adub

International Captain
Beer. Though i'd like to see Lyon. Head says Beer has to play.
Yep same. I think Lyon is far more likely to end up being a good 'un but his ability to stand up to long spells in back to back tests must be under question.

Wouldn't be surprised to see who ever plays the first test not playing the third.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Yeah was going to say by the 3rd test i would expect both to have had a go regardless of the scoreline. Though you'd hate for another Krezja type situation happening, raging turner or something in the 3rd test and Lyon debuts and runs through them, but doesnt get a match for ages as we play SA and NZ afterwards.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Beer. At this stage of his career I don't believe Lyon is capable of taking a bag of wickets or holding up an end.

Beer is capable of the second option.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Don't think Beer has proven himself at that though itbt. Can see him travelling if the Sri Lankans are in the mood.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neither are going to get close to 10 Tests for Australia IMO - may as well just stick with Beer and avoid adding another name to the list of post-Warne spinners.

stephen

I'm just a bit upset I didn't get a call up tbh. Took 11 wickets at 7 in sub-districts at the end of last season.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I took a couple wickets rolling my arm over in street cricket behind the pub last summer. Should have told warney about my success

adub

International Captain
I'm just a bit upset I didn't get a call up tbh. Took 11 wickets at 7 in sub-districts at the end of last season.
Yeah but were they 20-20 games? Looking good in 20-20 is much more important than taking 39 @ 25 in first class cricket over a summer.

stephen

Yeah but were they 20-20 games? Looking good in 20-20 is much more important than taking 39 @ 25 in first class cricket over a summer.
Ah crap, they were 35 over a side games. The good news is that I only played three games, which gives me the requisite experience for playing test match cricket.