• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Offseason 2011

howardj

International Coach
Sydney Sixers disembarking from a pink Hummer, wearing sunnies at night.

The kidz will luv it.

This CA mob is so hip 8-)

Shame about being 5th in the world in Tests.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
^^^^^^^^ doing her bit to disprove that chicks dig Hummers (especially pink ones).

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
But I still can't see why it means so much.

"but to diss Test cricket the way he has, in my view makes him look cheap and devoid of any real beliefs (given his history of telling us how much Test cricket means to him)"

The above quote is part of Howardj's post and it pretty much summed up how I've always thought of Hayden anyhow off-field. He's not someone whose opinion I would have thought worth paying much attention to.
What you make of Hayden as an individual is entirely your choice but there is no running away from the fact that a lot of what he is saying is not far from the truth.

I love 'good' test as much as anyone but at the end of the day like all sporting events test cricket too is a business and if standard and quality of it keeps going down then it would be pretty hard to maintain it as a financial viable format just because of the fact that its the holy grail of the game.

I'm no big fan of T20 cricket in fact to me its nothing more than a mindless summer blockbuster movie that I watch and forget, but if T20 is gonna bring in the eye-balls and moolah then you can't really blame the investors and administrators for getting lured into the T20 market.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
What you make of Hayden as an individual is entirely your choice but there is no running away from the fact that a lot of what he is saying is not far from the truth.

I love 'good' test as much as anyone but at the end of the day like all sporting events test cricket too is a business and if standard and quality of it keeps going down then it would be pretty hard to maintain it as a financial viable format just because of the fact that its the holy grail of the game.

I'm no big fan of T20 cricket in fact to me its nothing more than a mindless summer blockbuster movie that I watch and forget, but if T20 is gonna bring in the eye-balls and moolah then you can't really blame the investors and administrators for getting lured into the T20 market.
But that's a reasonable analogy as it's the big dumb money makers that enable the smaller movies to get made by studios. It's the same with TV, the big cruddy reality raters enable the smaller public service and niche stuff to get made.

Not that I'm saying test cricket is a smaller niche thing, but it would be handy for the boards if the money gained from big T20 tournaments can be used to underwrite the other formats so that they weren't dependent upon the TV rights from the India and England tours..

I'm not sure that it will work out that way though. Pretty sure it won't in the long run.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Alfonso Thomas is almost the perfect signing for Adelaide.
Awesome signing. I commented on another forum a few months ago saying that Alfonso Thomas would be one of my first choices in a team. :cool:

Might support the Adelaide Strikers now, or the Sydney team without Warner and Gayle.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Twilight Shield. Doesn't matter if they play it on the moon if it's not televised frbs.