• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Clarke was looking really good there but he scored a bit slower than Australia needed.
He didn't, did he? Blimey, that's a first.

It's a bit tough on Dussey and Smifth as the rate is nearing 8 except that neither of them are suited to sticking around so slogging might be the best thing anyway. Certainly for Smith.

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
If Dilshan can bowl himself out without giving away too many more, he's done more than what was required of him.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
If Dilshan can bowl himself out without giving away too many more, he's done more than what was required of him.
Dilshan is a good part-timer.

Love to see Dussey come up trumps here. Edit: I shouldn't have written that. I'll go away now.

Last edited:

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Ah! Chops it on..You guys were right. Dussey does look woeful against spin.

Just feel that the game is getting well beyond Aus now.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Dilshan is a good part-timer.

Love to see Dussey come up trumps here. Edit: I shouldn't have written that. I'll go away now.
Lol! Hang in here awhile. Big bro Hussey is still there and Smith and Mitch can use the long handle.

Interesting to see if they play around Mussey. Clearly, he will be the key now.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Panic station 101... Steve Smith calling!
Anything over 280 they should send MJ up the order. They've only done it once and it worked very well. It doesn't matter if he gets out for not much but he always goes along at a good rate. His sr in the past 2 years is over 100 in ODI's.

And his average is over 30.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Anything over 280 they should send MJ up the order. They've only done it once and it worked very well. It doesn't matter if he gets out for not much but he always goes along at a good rate. His sr in the past 2 years is over 100 in ODI's.

And his average is over 30.
True...He's a lot better batsman than people give him credit for. A clean striker who'd blend well with the workmanlike players in Mussey and Clarke.

Poorly pacing the chase is what could end up screwing them in this innings. Of course, losing wickets doesn't help either.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
True...He's a lot better batsman than people give him credit for. A clean striker who'd blend well with the workmanlike players in Mussey and Clarke.

Poorly pacing the chase is what could end up screwing them in this innings. Of course, losing wickets doesn't help either.
That's the problem with having Clarke in early in a big chase. He needs hitters down the other end as he usually goes under the required rate. It's not his fault, he's just not a power player.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Note to Aussie selectors: The fact that Smith is a joker is not a good reason to pick him.
Preshaaaa!!

Smith just kind of walked sideways out of his crease. Is that kid learning anything while with the Australian team? I've not noticed any improvement in anything he does.

He came in as a fantastic fielder so good fielding doesn't count..
Edit: I'm off. This sets up the rest of the series nicely.

Last edited: