• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He went through a golden run with the ball around the time Australia won the Champions Trophy in which he was Australia's most effective ODI bowler. Was bowling some real heat at the time too; rushed a lot of batsmen who under-estimated his pace by bowling short of a length. Those days are gone but they're part of what we should judge his career on as he did indeed achieve that for a little period.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I think he can still throw it down if he needs to but, as Spark says, is generally a much smarter bowler now and changes it up a lot. Takes regular wickets at a good average and clip. We could have a 7-4 split between batsmen and bowlers and he could comfortably take 10 overs himself.

smash84

The Tiger King
hmmm......Ikki you might be over rating him. I do agree with PEWS somewhat that he was very good for a period (with the ball) and hasn't been as great before or since.

Maybe I rate Mark Waugh very highly because his style of play was very pleasing aesthetically. Watto otoh doesn't look that great.

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah but Mark Waugh was also a class ODI player. A more solid opener I think given the bowling attacks that he had to face. Watto would probably **** his pants if he played those attacks

pup11

International Coach
Would pick Junior as an opener above just about anyone for the sheer pleasure of watching him bat, he was supremely gifted cricketer for mine as he just made everything he did on the cricket field look so ridiculously easy, to go along with that if only he had the same focus and determination his brother had then could have easily become one of the greatest players to ever play the game.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has gotten to the point where I would probably go for Watto tbh, otherwise you're relying a lot on Symonds and not much else for your bowling. Waugh could slot it at number 4 for Dean Jones quite easily too.

Gilchrist
Watson
Ponting
Jones/M Waugh
Symonds
Bevan
Hussey
Lee
Warne
Bracken
McGrath

Jacknife

International Captain
Has gotten to the point where I would probably go for Watto tbh, otherwise you're relying a lot on Symonds and not much else for your bowling. Waugh could slot it at number 4 for Dean Jones quite easily too.

Gilchrist
Watson
Ponting
Jones/M Waugh
Symonds
Bevan
Hussey
Lee
Warne
Bracken
McGrath
Gun team that.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Looks a gale out there. Hopefully doesn't wreck the lines of the pacers.
Test of DtR's toupee tape too. TBF to him he's definitely more slender than he appeared in the Ashes.

Not sure the wide half volley is the delivery to Dilshan tho.