• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
White to do this.

Well don't you just love your comp taking ages to put up your post after you have put it up making you feel stupid as the guy gets out before it appears on the thread.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Small things like that no-ball and 5 wides from Lee could make all the difference in the end..!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
They play him better than most but he was still almost definitely still a better bet than Randiv.
I think he was a big gamble against India tbh. One which they didn't want to take in the final.

He could have gone for a lot with someone like Sehwag who always attacks him(since the first tour even) or been marginally better than Randiv.

Thought India's decision to leave out Ashwin for Sreesanth was worse actually and if Mendis was to play for Srilanka it would have to have been for a seamer rather than Randiv at Mumbai.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Big things like us not bothering to watch Mendis bowl before made all the difference in the end
That's the sort of thing Clarke says. 'No, I haven't watched (insert soon to be touring team) I'm just concentrating on my own game'.

Good start to the tour for the Lankans. Dilshan must be well chuffed.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think he was a big gamble against India tbh. One which they didn't want to take in the final.

He could have gone for a lot with someone like Sehwag who always attacks him(since the first tour even) or been marginally better than Randiv.

Thought India's decision to leave out Ashwin for Sreesanth was worse actually and if Mendis was to play for Srilanka it would have to have been for a seamer rather than Randiv at Mumbai.
Nah he'd have played instead of Randiv? Just like he did in all the other games?

Spark

Global Moderator
Ah well. Not too disappointed tbh. Liked what I saw in the field for the last 10 overs which was the biggest thing. Mendis running riot obviously not good but hopefully with some more than competent players of spin coming in now that'll be less of a factor.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Nah he'd have played instead of Randiv? Just like he did in all the other games?
They played with 3 spinners for the whole of the tournament and had Herath in the team too.

They dropped both Herath and Mendis for the finals and brought in a extra seamer along with Randiv because it was against India.

Obviously they had to bring in Perreira for the injured Mathews too IIRC.

pup11

International Coach
Forget about Mendis every decent spinner would be queueing to bowl to the current crop of Australian batsmen, when we disgrace spin bowlers playing in our domestic circuit not only are we losing the opportunity to develop new spin talent, but we are also robbing a whole generation of young Australian batsmen a chance to develop their games against spin and we are starting to see the results of that at the international level now.

BlazeDragon

Banned
I really feel bad for Watson.

How many times has it been that he has played such a good knock only to see his teammates **** it up?

Last edited:

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
What a ****ing joke. Its getting really annoying to watch Australia these days.
Since the Melbourne test of the Ashes, my expectations are kind of gorn, so I don't feel like I get as annoyed as I used to.

Except with Johnson. I'll never get used to his utter ****ness when he is having a REALLY bad day.