• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All in all a bit of a thrashing for Australia.

It is only a T20 though so not the end of the world. Some of the bowling would be a worry though.

Spark

Global Moderator
No, 2007 it was in SA (the reason I remember it is that Zim had a memorable win over the Aussies in the group stages) the Aussies got into the semi-finals. In 2009, they lost out in the group stages.
yeah that's right. Not like I was particularly paying attention anyway.

Even so you'd have to say that given the natural quality of that team, they weren't very good T20 players either.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Australian spinners 5 overs 0/31
Sri Lankan spinners 10 overs 4/64

Australian quicks 15 overs 3/160
Sri Lankan quicks 10 overs 3/99

So yeah, we probably need to bowl spin more often like many on here said.

BlazeDragon

Banned
Australian spinners 5 overs 0/31
Sri Lankan spinners 10 overs 4/64

Australian quicks 15 overs 3/160
Sri Lankan quicks 10 overs 3/99

So yeah, we probably need to bowl spin more often like many on here said.
They better make use of all 3 spinners the next game including Dussey.

Burgey

LOL at Smith, what a disgusting way to get out from the 'big hitting' Smith.

BTW for those complaining about White as captain, who would you like as captain?
Richie Benaud, Mark Taylor or Steve Waugh.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Well that was a load of crap eh? Woeful performance. Johnson should be nowhere near any 20/20 side. White and Dussey are monster hitter of spin, no doubt, but their defensive techniques are non-existent. Where are all those guys wanting to give White a shot in the test team? He would be bowled within 6 balls every time.

Its only a 20/20, but why can't we just pick the best players already???? Did they think they were playing at the WACA or something? Surely they can't be surprised that the pitch spun.....

Burgey

Well that was a load of crap eh? Woeful performance. Johnson should be nowhere near any 20/20 side. White and Dussey are monster hitter of spin, no doubt, but their defensive techniques are non-existent. Where are all those guys wanting to give White a shot in the test team? He would be bowled within 6 balls every time.

Its only a 20/20, but why can't we just pick the best players already???? Did they think they were playing at the WACA or something? Surely they can't be surprised that the pitch spun.....
Well they didn't bowl O'keefe out, and did Dussey bowl at all? Mate, they aren't even using the players they've got.

BlazeDragon

Banned
Well they didn't bowl O'keefe out, and did Dussey bowl at all? Mate, they aren't even using the players they've got.
Not only is White hurting the team by playing he is also hurting it with his captaincy. Him and Smith both need to go back to shield cricket as soon as possible.

I hope Hidilch is gone as soon as they are do that whole review thing.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
:laugh:

That was painful to watch. I'm almost at the point where I'm going to stop watching cricket altogether tbph.

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah, that was just complete horse****. Abysmal captaincy from White. We have enough problems with selections to deal with so, as Burgey said, we don't need bad use of the players we have on top of that. Amateur stuff.

robelinda

Amazing how after all the talk over the past 6 months we are still making basic errors, its hard to watch.

Ruckus

International Captain
Amazing how after all the talk over the past 6 months we are still making basic errors, its hard to watch.
Yeah that's the thing isn't it? I couldn't care less about the result per se in this game, it's just the way in which we are losing that really grinds my gears.

Even if we did everything right in terms of selections, captaincy etc. in this tour, it will still be a tremendous challenge just based on the actual performance and quality of our players. We simply can't continue to add salt to our wounds by making these basic errors. Really hope things change VERY quickly...

robelinda

I shudder at the thought of seeing us in the tests, i'll hope for the best, but even with good players you still need tactical nous, which we do not have. Lets hope we quickly realise the mistakes of this game and play better next game, then hope like all hell we iron out everything during the one day series to ensure no idiotic errors come the tests.