• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah the teams are pretty similar. The only real difference is Lee instead of Tait/Nannes, leadership and of course Mussey.
Nah we were playing Smith as the spinner back then (and doing a good job of it). We still play Smith, but now **** knows what his role is. And now he's keeping a batsman out of it

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Was making a general comment. We've been scarcely competent in T20s since

I guess it's nice to see Smith using his feet.
Yeah, but still reckon you would have a good team for the conditions that were there that World Cup.

Spikey

LOL at Smith, what a disgusting way to get out from the 'big hitting' Smith.

BTW for those complaining about White as captain, who would you like as captain?
well Watson should get some (C) experience somewhere

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah if Watson's going to play these, make it worth his while and get some captaincy under his belt

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Christ I hope this doesn't set the standard for our batting vs spin for the rest of the tour
Do you remenber what the team was like against spin in the World Cup? And how they got tied in knots in the second innings 2 matches running in the test series v India?

I do.

vicky

School Boy/Girl Captain
Fair enough.

Man Warner gets a bit lucky at times, still by far our best batsman today obv.
Fortune favouring the brave and all that... as opposed to favouring the bloke who waddles down the pitch and pokes at it...

or decides to run himself out...

Spark

Global Moderator
Do you remenber what the team was like against spin in the World Cup? And how they got tied in knots in the second innings 2 matches running in the test series v India?

I do.
That's true.

Oh look Mitchell is batting. Hadn't even noticed.

pup11

International Coach
I'm still fine with getting shot of Pup as a non-performer in T20. Nothing that happens here will ever change that one.

White and Dussey can't play spin much and White is in stinking form. Shaun Marsh can play spin a bit better but I've never been sure that he's up to international cricket mentally.

The tactics with the bowlers are howlingly funny. Who in their right minds would give Mitch the last over?
As I said in the past had Clarke played more T20 cricket domestically he would have done more than alright at the international level as well, anyways coming back to the point the thing is his leadership in the T20 format masked a lot of the flaws of this T20 side.

Despite having some of the best T20 batsmen and bowlers to pick from we as a team can't put together a T20 unit that would play with some brains and its just mind boggling that we haven't rectified this problem even after such a long time, I mean if we have no respect for this format then why play this format at all..?

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't think it's entirely a coincidence that the time Clarke led the side seemed to be the only time we seemed any good at T20... ever. Just to elaborate.

I mean the simple fact is we're **** at T20. And always have been.

Spikey

Langer in hindsight we ****ed up when we picked the team. least warner getting out shut him up

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
I don't think it's entirely a coincidence that the time Clarke led the side seemed to be the only time we seemed any good at T20... ever. Just to elaborate.

I mean the simple fact is we're **** at T20. And always have been.
Nah when T20 first started the Aussies were good at it. When we had those brilliant ODI players like Symonds, Gilly, old school Punter and Martyn and Bracken. We don't have players of that quality anymore.

Or with that sort of bottle.

Last edited:

Bun

Banned
1. why is smith batting ahead of haddin?
2. why is smith playing?
3. why didn't keefe bowl out?
4. WHY THE **** WHITE IS CAPTAINING AHEAD OF WATSON???