• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do England have the best tail ever to play in any test?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Or am I getting carried away? Any other team at any point had such a long and accomplished tail?

@ all English fans, here's me giving you first recognition that your team may be on the path to becoming an all time great team, after all :p

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I preferred this effort from England.

EDIT: Ha. Pretty useful batting tail from NZ in that game: Cairns, Nash & Vettori...

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure, maybe. Certainly our best anyway. Beats the days of Mullally, Malcolm and Tufnell at 9, 10 and 11. :laugh:

I guess South Africa in the 90's may have had something similar, with Boucher, Pollock, McMillan etc...

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Or am I getting carried away? Any other team at any point had such a long and accomplished tail?

@ all English fans, here's me giving you first recognition that your team may be on the path to becoming an all time great team, after all :p
True. The lower order is so so strong imo. May be the SA of old with Klusener, Pollock etc in the lower order can match up, but not many other teams that I could think of.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would say no at the moment...I think the title of the thread indicates someone getting a bit carried away with a series happening currently...but they're pretty good.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember Australia batting Midge Johnson at 11 in India. Didn't do them much good though.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
England have previously put an 11 out all with FC centuries but this team has special batting depth.
I'm pretty sure NZ fielded a similar side a couple of years back. Can't remember when. I think it was either 10 or 11 players with FC centuries.

smash84

The Tiger King
Of course you are getting carried away.

Bangladesh have the strongest tail. Their number 1-11 are all part of the tail :ph34r:

Flem274*

123/5
I reckon womens cricket will have a few good tails on show.:ph34r:

Jesus, that England team was the absolute depths.

Edit: No offence to the Kiwis. Fleming led a good side there.
Hussain, Thorpe, Stewart is a quality middle order tbf to the late 90s Brits. Was liking the side until I saw Ramprakash and Irani. Cairns and Nash must have been stoked.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There can't have been many lineups with 8 test centurions and a 9th with a couple of 90's.