• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Better ODI bowler::: McGrath or Wasim

Who is better ODI bowler? Only pure bowling.

• Total voters

smash84

The Tiger King
Thanks. Just as I thought. A little unfortunate his average increased almost a whole point in that whole year where he was injured and bowled on a fair few flat decks.
An increase of 1 point in 8-9 matches. That is quite a bit.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Mumble won so many matches for India, even in the shorter version. Even in IPL he has been very hard to get away. I will best remember him for Gilchrist's dismissal in the first over of the 2nd IPL final.

smash84

The Tiger King
Mumble won so many matches for India, even in the shorter version. Even in IPL he has been very hard to get away. I will best remember him for Gilchrist's dismissal in the first over of the 2nd IPL final.
For all the international matches he won India you will remember him for the IPL????

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Speak out loud and clear, please. :ph34r:

Darth018

Banned
Not much of a Wasim fan there are you?
With all due respect to the guy he is far from the greatest bowler that people try and make him out to be. I mean really what the reason behind rating him the greatest? Because he bowls he bowls swing deliveries better than anybody else? How about we just rate Shaun Tait the greatest bowler for bowling faster deliveries than anybody else then.

The guy has a Tendulkar-esque type overrated rating in the bowling department.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It is hard to compare bowlers who have different roles though. Give McGrath the new ball and Wasim the old one :)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Give Wasim the Aussie fielders and catchers, I say!

Edit: Request Rob to upload a youtube video of all missed catches on Wasim's bowling (I know it's too much to ask for).

Last edited: