• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Howe_zat

Audio File
I wonder if they just decided the cost wasn't that big a deal, or if it turned out to be a lot cheaper than was claimed.

Riggins

International Captain
Ponting, Watson, Clarke, Katich, Hussey, Khawaja, Hughes, Marsh, Rogers, DHussey are the 10 batsman who I would like to see our top 6 come from.
Good list. Personally would prefer Ferguson and Smith rather than Marsh/Rogers. Individ. Pref.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
No point in Dussey getting a go, almost 35. Last thing we want to do is replace a 36 yr old with a 35yr old. Ferguson or Marsh for me, Rogers is pretty much in the too old basket anyway, plus he's a ****.

BlazeDragon

Banned
Dussey >>>>>>>>>>>> Smith.

But I won't put him in the test side either. Maybe he might get a few chances to play before he retires that is if Oz recover in form.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Good list. Personally would prefer Ferguson and Smith rather than Marsh/Rogers. Individ. Pref.

Why Smith? What has he done at international level in any format that would have you place him as one of the top 10 batsmen in Aus?

Anyway, Ben Hilfenhaus and Peter Siddle are hanging in there again, waiting for the tail to arrive so they can BLOW THEM AWAY. Before then they'll have to depend on the spin bowlers and that nineteen-year-old with a duff first class average to get through the real batsmen for the second time in the match.

What exactly are they doing on this tour again? All they've done is make me want neither of them picked for Sri Lanka. But I'm sure the selectors don't see it that way.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Why Smith? What has he done at international level in any format that would have you place him as one of the top 10 batsmen in Aus?

Anyway, Ben Hilfenhaus and Peter Siddle are hanging in there again, waiting for the tail to arrive so they can BLOW THEM AWAY. Before then they'll have to depend on the spin bowlers and that nineteen-year-old with a duff first class average to get through the real batsmen for the second time in the match.

What exactly are they doing on this tour again? All they've done is make me want neither of them picked for Sri Lanka. But I'm sure the selectors don't see it that way.
Don't forget Copeland :)

I guess they're meant to be getting match practice, but struggling to knock over Zimbabwe when Beer and Krejza are taking wickets doesn't exactly fill me with confidence given they'll be bowling on roads/dustbowls in Sri Lanka.

Harris and Haurtiz should be locks for the attack IMO. Copeland a possibility.

And by God does Mitchell Marsh have a bad FC average. 91 FFS. He's a heck of a lot better than that...

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Don't forget Copeland :)

I guess they're meant to be getting match practice, but struggling to knock over Zimbabwe when Beer and Krejza are taking wickets doesn't exactly fill me with confidence given they'll be bowling on roads/dustbowls in Sri Lanka.

Harris and Haurtiz should be locks for the attack IMO. Copeland a possibility.

And by God does Mitchell Marsh have a bad FC average. 91 FFS. He's a heck of a lot better than that...
It's 50 now.:laugh: Last year the Warriors were treating him as the third seamer while keeping him pumped on painkillers to get him through matches. Daft thing to do with a talented kid. Hopefully we'll see better things from him next season.

Hilfy will have to bowl like McGrath in the next match to be in the starting line-up for Sri Lanka. He's bowling himself into non-selection.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
It's 50 now.:laugh: Last year the Warriors were treating him as the third seamer while keeping him pumped on painkillers to get him through matches. Daft thing to do with a talented kid. Hopefully we'll see better things from him next season.

Hilfy will have to bowl like McGrath in the next match to be in the starting line-up for Sri Lanka. He's bowling himself into non-selection.
Always thought he was primarily a batsman anyway, the bowling just seemed like a bonus.

Hilfenhaus would be useless in SL, he wouldn't get much swing and he's not exactly threatening at the best of times, let alone with conditions against him.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Always thought he was primarily a batsman anyway, the bowling just seemed like a bonus.

Hilfenhaus would be useless in SL, he wouldn't get much swing and he's not exactly threatening at the best of times, let alone with conditions against him.
I think of Marsh as a batsman as well but lately he is turning in useful performances with the ball. He did very well in the IPL and has been good on this tour.

I don't think the Warriors know what to do with him, but want him in the teams But you can't bat him at 8 like they do at times.

Well, if they take Hilf on the back of this tour so far, they'll at least know what they are getting.:dry: Do you know when the test team is announced for the tour?

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Late July was what I heard. Presumably they'll wait for these A matches to finish, get an injury update and then disregard everything that happened on the A tour and pick 14 names based on a criteria ranging from amount of syllables in their name, their hair colour, their music taste & their performances in the swimsuit competition

No point in Dussey getting a go, almost 35. Last thing we want to do is replace a 36 yr old with a 35yr old. Ferguson or Marsh for me, Rogers is pretty much in the too old basket anyway, plus he's a ****.
Yep Hussey's chance was in the Ashes. They went for Smith for whatever reason. That said while he's still in the OD team who knows.......

Last edited:

BlazeDragon

Banned
Next most likely to play after who?

1 century in 44 matches is a huge worry, although anyone who saw Paine bat in the Test series vs India would have been impressed with his attitude and technique.

I do agree though that I would be more confident having Paine in front of White or Smith in our Test team on batting alone, but would feel better if none of them were playing!

I'm still angry that Katich is out of the running.
I was saying Ferguson is the next most likely to play not Paine.

I think they are looking carefully at the Aus A series and Ferguson did pretty well there. I am guessing they put both Dussey and Smith on the ODI squad to see which one of them does better and axe the other one. My money is one Smith getting axed. So that's why I think Fergugon is the next most likely to play after him in ODIs.

As for test, Khawaja hasn't been doing too good in the A series. If Ferguson plays a good knock in the next match I think he might have a chance at that spot as well.

And yeah Katich axing was probably the biggest mistake they kicked out a player that was performing.

Last edited:

Lostman

State Captain
SL announce pool of 20 for ODI and 20/20.

Kapu and Silva:wallbash:
No Maharood for the ODI's, must be saving him for the tests after his exceptional performance in the helpful English conditions. There is still hope for the squad of 15 though, but it is depressing to think that Silva and Kapu are among the 20 best players in the country.

James

Cricket Web Owner
*Official* Australia in Sri Lanka

Sat Aug 6
1st T20I - Sri Lanka v Australia
Pallekele International Cricket Stadium

Mon Aug 8
2nd T20I - Sri Lanka v Australia

Wed Aug 10
1st ODI - Sri Lanka v Australia