• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour Matches

The_roc

U19 Captain
I seriously doubt any of them will have the time to given the weather forecast for the weekend.
I live about 20 miles from the ground and the words cats and dogs spring to mind at the minurte. Can't see there being any play today.

How about Somerset bat all day Sunday to give the Indians some bowling practice.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh.That would be quite unfair given that Sachin & co. fielded a whole day watching a mediocre like Suppiah scoring a ton.
Or maybe its unfair calling Suppiah mediocre when all you've ever heard of him is scoring a ton against your bowlers? Don't really want to see a mediocre like Zaheer bowling tbh, unfair on Arul.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Flat pitches will favour england more than seaming wickets as indian bowlers always need some sort of assistance to bowl well.
I thought part of the argument for India's attack being better than some others was that they are used to flat pitches at home, and so bowl better on them?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Don't be so unreasonable, MW. India shouldn't have to take wickets. Suppiah clearly should've just fallen on his stumps in awe as soon as Sachin graced the field with his presence...

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Don't be so unreasonable, MW. India shouldn't have to take wickets. Suppiah clearly should've just fallen on his stumps in awe as soon as Sachin graced the field with his presence...
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

even Jake has lost his cool..........awesome series on the cards here

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I thought part of the argument for India's attack being better than some others was that they are used to flat pitches at home, and so bowl better on them?
Pitches favoring spinners more than seamers are not neccesarily flat ,tbf.

The flatter pitches on Away tours in recent times have suited India less, than ones which favor the seamers more as the batsman can show their extra class on such wickets and the bowlers who can sometimes struggle on flat wickets, become more threatening on such wickets.
On the last 4 tours of England, South Africa and Australia India have won test matches at Perth,Durban,Johannesburg and Trent Bridge where they were most expected to struggle as these were the most seamer friendly wickets on the tours.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Pitches favoring spinners more than seamers are not neccesarily flat ,tbf.
The flatter pitches on Away tours in recent times have suited India less, than ones which favor the seamers more as the batsman can show their extra class on such wickets and the bowlers who can sometimes struggle on flat wickets, become more threatening on such wickets.
On the last 4 tours of England, South Africa and Australia India have won test matches at Perth,Durban,Johannesburg and Trent Bridge where they were most expected to struggle as these were the most seamer friendly wickets on the tours.
Okay, I'm sure they have done well on seaming wickets, but that wasn't my point. One of the arguments for Zaheer, in particular, is that he can do more on flatter pitches than most other bowlers in world cricket, due to growing up in conditions that don't suit seamers. If that is the case, then yesterday's bowling cannot be dismissed as "flat ol' Taunton" - its not as if Somerset rack up 300-2 every time they bat. I'm not saying yesterday's performance mean we're gonna hammer you in the Tests, but if I was an India fan, I wouldn't be happy with it.

As for the bolded part, not sure what that has to do with anything. Pitches in India haven't been raging turners recently, and even if they had that doesn't affect my point.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was a bad performance.

Means virtually nothing for the Test match, though.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Flat ENGLISH pitches will favour...
(no spin, no reverse, not two-paced etc)

vcs

AFAIC, playing like **** in a warmup game >>> not playing one at all.

Anku31

U19 Vice-Captain
Or maybe its unfair calling Suppiah mediocre when all you've ever heard of him is scoring a ton against your bowlers? Don't really want to see a mediocre like Zaheer bowling tbh, unfair on Arul.
If Zaheer is mediocre,then Anderson must leave cricket fields & join us in paddy fields here.

smash84

The Tiger King
So Uncouth31 you still expect Yuvi to do well in the tests? Although tbf to yuvi he has not batted yet

Neil Pickup

Well we all know how much MSD wants to get to his hotel...
I personally don't see what's so good about the Taunton Travel Inn, but each to their own...

Also of interest: this is the list of team scores in completed innings in FC games at Taunton this season: 642, 210, 50, 309, 238, 185, 165, 358, 452, 321 - average of 293. Not that flat...