• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Offseason 2011

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
shut it ****

warner
gayle
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- Edwards
- Dougeh

what could possiblye go wrong?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They signed Khawaja as well didn't they? Or was that the SCG team?
they signed him but hopefully he'll be missing more games than he plays. And then there's Jason Floros & Cruickshank. SCG has Nevill, Homebush Smith. And then the SCG team has got the rest of the NSW players who have signed so far. Lee's going there too. Hopefully SOK will go to Homebush so both he and Smith can play as front-line spinners.

Any word about Hayden? Looking at the Heat it's lacking a bit of 'name' power about them, and he was said to be thinking about it

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
There is a lot of negativity around BBL as many fans think CA are turning their backs on Australian cricket by just looking to make big bucks through this meaningless competition but I see this differently.

I think BBL has tremendous potential to to inject a new lease of life that Australian cricket badly needs at this point, if this tournament grows then its has potential to attract more youngsters towards cricket in Australia and also provide these players an atmosphere where they are rubbing shoulders with international cricketers from Australia and beyond and also have a chance to work with some of the best coaches in the country.

Anyways... by the looks of it the Renegades already look like the team to beat and seems like the other teams would really struggle to match upto them.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I have question marks over the Renegades ability to make enough runs. Finch is the key though.

Perhaps it's foolish to rate a team with just 8 players, but I'm liking the Melbourne Stars team so far, hopefully they can get the likes of John Hastings and Clint McKay.

All 8 teams have a few players that I like so I'm actually looking forward to the competition.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Right, you have a point ^^
Afridi and Abdur Razzaq are not reliable enough although their bowling is kind of more reliable. They sure are match winners but consistent performance is the key to success and that with the 'team spirit'.

pup11

International Coach
I have question marks over the Renegades ability to make enough runs. Finch is the key though.

Perhaps it's foolish to rate a team with just 8 players, but I'm liking the Melbourne Stars team so far, hopefully they can get the likes of John Hastings and Clint McKay.

All 8 teams have a few players that I like so I'm actually looking forward to the competition.
I have a firm belief that a good bowling attack would win you a good chunk of the games you play as a team regardless of the format. Renegades don't have big name batsmen in their squad apart from Hodge and Finch but they still have enough blokes like Ronny McDonald, Hill, Carters and Maxwell who can make handy contributions.

Though gotta admit most teams apart from Heat are shaping up pretty nicely which should allow for some pretty closely fought contests.

brockley

International Captain
Quiney and wade melbourne stars,mccallum brisbane heat,cummins and lee to sydney sixers.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I have a firm belief that a good bowling attack would win you a good chunk of the games you play as a team regardless of the format. Renegades don't have big name batsmen in their squad apart from Hodge and Finch but they still have enough blokes like Ronny McDonald, Hill, Carters and Maxwell who can make handy contributions.

Though gotta admit most teams apart from Heat are shaping up pretty nicely which should allow for some pretty closely fought contests.
Do you still feel the same way about the Heat after the signing of McCullum?

Hopes, McCullum, Lynn, Hauritz and Harris are proven quality performers. Cutting, Forrest and Neser have shown enough in other formats to suggest that they can be handy too. I like the H3at so far.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Oh, must be Ryan Broad! I like him actually, wish he'd kick on at state level, like his batting.