• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why can't India produce great fast bowlers like Pakistan?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never got it to reverse in the 12th over again.. The Murray Mints ban saw the death of English reverse swing bowling.

I should say something about this. I've never before aired my views on mints as a scourge of the game :ph34r:

shankar

International Debutant
Before anyone assumes that reverse swing is done by ball tampering, please go talk to any physics professor and hr/she would tell you that the reverse swing happens when a ball travels at least at 70mph with the seam facing a direction and most importantly, the ball needs to be smoother shinier on only one side.
No. For reverse swing, according to the best available explanation, one side of the ball - the side facing the batsman, has to be very rough. See this article. The roughness is needed to transition the boundary layer (a thin layer of air close to the surface of the ball) to turbulence.

Jacknife

International Captain
Never got it to reverse in the 12th over again.. The Murray Mints ban saw the death of English reverse swing bowling.

I should say something about this. I've never before aired my views on mints as a scourge of the game :ph34r:
I could have sworn blind, Anderson bowled a lovely spell of reverse swing bowling, in the final test of the Ashes. Oh well, must have dreamed it.:ph34r:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It depends on what your definition of ball tampering is tbh. If you think that putting spit and sweat on the ball is also ball tampering then yes.

FTR it wasn't always that bottle tops were being used to swing the ball.
What I'm saying is that if Pakistani players were roughening up one side of the ball by using their fingernails etc. I don't actually have a problem with them doing that.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I could have sworn blind, Anderson bowled a lovely spell of reverse swing bowling, in the final test of the Ashes. Oh well, must have dreamed it.:ph34r:
What ashes series? The last ashes series was played in 06-07.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Imran Khan: To be a fast bowler you need to consume Beef and Hashish daily :laugh:

Indians are the opposite.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
so you also do not have any problems with using bottle tops?
Yes I do. IMO that's rightly banned.

If Wasim needs on side of the ball to be rough to get it reversing and uses his nails to roughen up the ball, I don't have a problem.

If he's gouging the leather out with bottle tops, that's different.

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
Yes I do. IMO that's rightly banned.

If Wasim needs on side of the ball to be rough to get it reversing and uses his nails to roughen up the ball, I don't have a problem.

If he's gouging the leather out with bottle tops, that's different.
Can just imagine Akram sharpening his nails before getting on the field. :laugh:

A good set of teeth can be a reasonable substitute for a bottle cap.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
please get your facts straight Mr Z-man
AFAIK, This was said by Imran.

PS: Does anyone notice how Shah does not miss a chance at criticizing me?I am a new CW'er, atleast the guy should appreciate a new user. Totally disappointed. :mellow:

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
AFAIK, This was said by Imran.

PS: Does anyone notice how Shah does not miss a chance at criticizing me?I am a new CW'er, atleast the guy should appreciate a new user. Totally disappointed. :mellow:
woah......kid.....I didn't know you were taking offence at every comment :p

salman85

International Debutant
Didn't Imran win a court battle against Botham and Lamb over ball tampering allegations?Or was it something else?