• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Urgh

slowfinger

International Debutant
This did not just happen. I scored 99 and got out. I have failed. Bye cricket. Just joking (but did score 99)... :mellow:

I started playing cricket this season and my average (battingwise) has skyrocketed. It went to 70 odd and now settles at 40 in about 9 innings. But the Problem is my bowling. I haven't bowled in a bit but I started the season at around 2/3 wickets/game. Now it is below 2. To get into county you need to consistently perform and I'm afraid I might blow it, please help?!

Coach_Pearson

First Class Debutant
They never let me... Picked up the last wicket yesterday in two balls to win the game for us... But positive proof of batting decline... Got out for 4...
Well done in winning the game, this should be good evidence that you should be bowling more.

I would also ask your captain/coach if you guys can do some centre wicket practice, and ask to bowl there.

Captains can be stubbun and not bowl people for many reasons, you just need to put your case forward, and keep pushing to bowl.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Well done in winning the game, this should be good evidence that you should be bowling more.

I would also ask your captain/coach if you guys can do some centre wicket practice, and ask to bowl there.

Captains can be stubbun and not bowl people for many reasons, you just need to put your case forward, and keep pushing to bowl.
I bowled my 8 over spell (s) in the two t20's today... One wicket a piece at like 4 an over isn't too bad... 17 wickets in 10 games now that is I think... And more proof of batting denial... got run out last ball for 15.