• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Ireland

salman85

International Debutant
No.I want see Ireland beat Pakistan,followed by riots on the streets against Ijaz Butt.

Bring on the burning effigies!

Blaze 18

Banned
Whatever the result of the match, Ireland can feel proud of their performance. It's a very decent Pakistani side, even if it's not their full strength one. A bit of a slap in the face for ICC.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Pakistan withdraw into a shell and stop attacking this might get pretty close.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Whatever the result of the match, Ireland can feel proud of their performance.
I disagree and I honestly reckon this sort of attitude has held Bangladesh back quite a bit. One of the things I love about this Ireland side is that if you give them an inch they take a mile. They genuinely play to win; not just for respectable margins of defeat and nods of improvement. The innings Kevin O'Brien played against England is a perfect example actually - if Bangladesh or Zimbabwe found themselves in that position they'd have given up completely and used the rest of the innings for batting practice.

Bangladesh have an ingrained culture of close enough being good enough and competing in one discipline for half the game being respectable. Ireland do not have no nor need this.

Flem274*

123/5
I disagree and I honestly reckon this sort of attitude has held Bangladesh back quite a bit. One of the things I love about this Ireland side is that if you give them an inch they take a mile. They genuinely play to win; not just for respectable margins of defeat and nods of improvement. The innings Kevin O'Brien played against England is a perfect example actually - if Bangladesh or Zimbabwe found themselves in that position they'd have given up completely and used the rest of the innings for batting practice.

Bangladesh have an ingrained culture of close enough being good enough and competing in one discipline for half the game being respectable. Ireland do not have no nor need this.
Agreed.

Azhar Ali gone, but now two brick walls at the crease. Break through this pair and they're a great chance.

Blaze 18

Banned

I agree with you. In fact, I recall mentioning something along similar lines after the first Aus-Bangladesh ODI where Bangladesh didn't even attempt to go for the win. The Irish team definitely has more heart and spirit than Bangladesh. Ranklin probably has more spirit than the entire Bangladesh team put together.

I'm just saying that this performance alone is enough to send a message to the jokers (a.k.a ICC). Nothing like a win, obviously.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Run Rate creeping up. Sure Pakistan will slump under the pressure
EDIT: I was right. <3

Last edited: