• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Ireland

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
After all the lashing out against the ICC for not including them in the WC I expected a spirited performance... They've still got one game to perform credibly now, hope they do well.

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
I was generally quite excited about cricket in Ireland but turned out most Irish people I spoke to here didn't even know there was a cricket match today!

Had conversation with my boss who happens to be an Irish and told him Irish team is very good. He dismissively said that they are not and they are not going to beat any of the stronger teams. I said may be not now, but in 5-10 years they can be good. He again said "no, they won't be. No one plays cricket here" :mellow:
Your boss is simply wrong imho, I was upset about yesterdays game but I still think we can turn it around on monday but to say that Ireland is not good is just unfair,

Porterfield said the team know what went wrong and I believe they won't turn up like that again, not that the bowlers did wrong, had we simply put 50-100 runs more on the board it could have been so different, Misbah was plumb for LBW and they had already lost 3 wickets chasing the target as it was,

I love the Irish Cricket team and will always back our guys, as I said before the game Joyce, Porterfield, Stirling, need to step up as the top players I know they're, Joyce is regarded as a better play we have produced then Morgan and he needs to show it on Monday, if it means he has to protect his wicket by grinding out a score so be it,

Irish Cricket fans do deserve more and we will produce it,

as ever an Irish Cricket fan who blindly follows the team despite being wrong a lot of the time,
IrishOpener :happy: :dry: :laugh:...

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was generally quite excited about cricket in Ireland but turned out most Irish people I spoke to here didn't even know there was a cricket match today!

Had conversation with my boss who happens to be an Irish and told him Irish team is very good. He dismissively said that they are not and they are not going to beat any of the stronger teams. I said may be not now, but in 5-10 years they can be good. He again said "no, they won't be. No one plays cricket here" :mellow:
More people play cricket than will admit it :p. Cricket's highly uncool in Ireland because of its association with aristocratic England.

Flem274*

123/5
Terrible innings from Joyce. To think he has an ODI hundred against Australia.

Will excel in the long format though.

Xuhaib

International Coach
haha...saw PEWS on Pakpassion the guy is playing Irish there the lad cant seem to stop discussing cricket.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Holy crap Stirling is only 20. Thought he was a bit older than that.

How long till the Poms poach him?

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
AFAIK he is mainly contracted to Ireland, he's on our 'A' grade contract and we have a lot more say where he plays because of that, and I really hope he does stay and play for Ireland :)...

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
He isn't really that bad but he played like absolute rubbish today. 17 (52)? You have to do better than that.
I don't know what to say to that score today but I know he is a far better player than what he showed today and the last ODI, more like the 84 he got in the World Cup against the West Indies, that was more like what he can do,

all Irish fans would love to see him play like that more often :)...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
its a forum where 12 yr old Afridi fans and 10 yr old Sachin fans argue all the time could imagine PEWS feeling out of place quickly over there.
I originally joined up because itduzz was actually copy/pasting my posts from here to that forum and claiming them as his own. Hilarious stuff.

Thought I'd try posting about the match there today as there'd naturally be more discussion on it than here.. but it's terrible tbh.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I originally joined up because itduzz was actually copy/pasting my posts from here to that forum and claiming them as his own. Hilarious stuff.

Thought I'd try posting about the match there today as there'd naturally be more discussion on it than here.. but it's terrible tbh.
haha...yeah I know I also follow the match thread sometimes especially when there is only cricinfo to follow it can be hilariously bad.