• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Ireland

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
I'm the most optimistic Irish fan there is but I'm going out, just sad to see my team treating the game as a T20, embarrassing :( :( :(...

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha we're not losing by over-attacking. We've had five batsmen out to defensive shots and one out to an aggressive shot!

From what I can tell we're being crushed because Junaid's bowling too well for us.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha we're not losing by over-attacking. We've had five batsmen out to defensive shots and one out to an aggressive shot!

From what I can tell we're being crushed because Junaid's bowling too well for us.
Stirling's innings was kind of weird given Joyce fell early, but I suppose that's his role. Agree with the rest though; over-attacking definitely hasn't been the problem there.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stirling's defensive game isn't up to much anyway. There's no point batting as deep as we do if the pinch-hitter is going to go into his shell at the fall of the first wicket.

Wilson's still attacking :laugh:

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Stirling's defensive game isn't up to much anyway. There's no point batting as deep as we do if the pinch-hitter is going to go into his shell at the fall of the first wicket.
Yeah, probably wouldn't have lasted; guess he was better off doing that. Could've at least kept it along the ground given the score but it's not a major issue given he's basically in the team as a pinch hitter.

Joyce opening seems like a bit of a waste. Hope he and Porterfield swap for the next game.

Wilson's still attacking :laugh:
Haha half-volley tbf. He's finally started to look the part of late, Wilson; hope he can score 50 here.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I see Junaid bowled well.

Pakistan again producing some good fast bowlers in Sadaf,Junaid and Cheema who are on the fringes right now.
Their domestic competition is full of some other pretty good seamers too.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I see Junaid bowled well.

Pakistan again producing some good fast bowlers in Sadaf,Junaid and Cheema who are on the fringes right now.
Their domestic competition is full of some other pretty good seamers too.
Junaid and Sadaf are not int standard atleast yet Cheema is too old old to make it imo.

Last edited:

Nigel Benjamin

U19 12th Man
these irish players are good, but what happened? How can a team be dismissed for 92? was it the wicket? poor shot selection perhaps? i just don't understand this.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I was generally quite excited about cricket in Ireland but turned out most Irish people I spoke to here didn't even know there was a cricket match today!

Had conversation with my boss who happens to be an Irish and told him Irish team is very good. He dismissively said that they are not and they are not going to beat any of the stronger teams. I said may be not now, but in 5-10 years they can be good. He again said "no, they won't be. No one plays cricket here" :mellow: