• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Offseason 2011

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
with two more teams rogers will find a spot somewhere, be it starting or just on a roster. it'll be interesting to see if older players like those take up a coaching role or something if they don't get picked up. I'm more concerned about fringe state players. Was hoping they'd get a pay rise seeing how in theory the states should be getting more money for this. Very disappointing and if true and I can understand the Player's association taking a stand

They won't be a problem amongst them going from supporting WA to Perth you'd have to say, and that seems to be a really common criticism on here for fairly obvious reasons.. Perth - WA, is much the same to them. B.
Try telling that to a Dockers fan.

In England, the people who get dressed up in ridiculous clothing to go to test matches ARE the diehard county fans.

Last edited:

juro

U19 12th Man
Has anyone taken the survey on the proposed rule changes for the Big Bash? Playing around with fielding restrictions, pinch hitters, double score overs, ... Is this cricket or 'Its a Knockout'?

Really, the appeal has to still be cricket. All these other bits and pieces are just bells and whistles which overly complicate the game for no real benefit...

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has anyone taken the survey on the proposed rule changes for the Big Bash? Playing around with fielding restrictions, pinch hitters, double score overs, ... Is this cricket or 'Its a Knockout'?

Really, the appeal has to still be cricket. All these other bits and pieces are just bells and whistles which overly complicate the game for no real benefit...
If only! What a show!

It's a knockout! That's the name of the gaaaameee.

howardj

International Coach
R.I.P Terry Jenner.

Because he was a bit of a rogue (spent time in the clink etc.) I think Warney always used to credit him with much more of his prowess than he was entitled to. But, nonetheless, he had a great passion for spin bowling, Australian cricket and, more broadly, the game itself.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Off every no-ball, the batsman should be able to slug the transgressor with wet pillows
They'll have to come out to bat in enormous gnome suits and then try not to run into each other when trying to complete a single while people squirt them with fireman hoses.

Oh, how we laughed.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain

Double score overs???

That McKenna marketing dude is probably behind all of this. The more I read of him, the more I realise how much he hates cricket.:blink:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member

Yep. I opposed everything bar an increase in bouncers. Everything else is utterly pointless and overcomplicated.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just saw that after smashing 3 tons last year whilst striking in the mid-80's doing it, Andrew McDonald has kept the good times rolling against a Northants attack with two former Test bowlers in it. Seems to have turned a bit of corner with his batting and is still doing some good work with the ball too.

Should he be in the frame for Test selection at some point soon? Didn't really do a lot wrong when he was picked, is a generally reliable player and knows how to win. Would back him to take more wickets than most of the spinners running around right now, especially against India here and if he's batting well....

Last edited:

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Big fan. Ponting seemed to like him too, and he did do some great work with the ball. His batting looked ok in his last test innings, bit of a kick in the arse to make a good score against a fine attack and get dropped. Not his fault McGain got a royal hammering and the rest of the batting failed. He might have done a decent job in the 09 Ashes.

howardj

International Coach
Our madcap panel views him as surplus to requirements once Watson is fit.

Like for like, they reckon.