• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Final - India v Sri Lanka

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pretty much the perfect batting PP for SL.

I bow to no man in my admiration for Zak, but really bowled poorly at the end.

I'm in the Bumble camp here: I like the runs on the board.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Even though SL has a better bowling attack than India, I'll back the latter in

Wicket is good, Murali isnt half the bowler he used to be, moons are aligned, etc

Just hope that friggin' hack Yuvi has nothing to do with it :laugh:

smash84

The Tiger King
wow..........zaheer clobbered today......must be feeling somewhat similar to Gul in the semi-final.......the last 3 overs from Zaheer in the power play went for plenty

Furball

Evil Scotsman
When you see a classy player like Jayawardene play such a classy knock (look at his SR - with absolutely no slogging whatsoever), it does make you wonder why his ODI record is as poor as it is.

burr

State Vice-Captain
What a finish! Nothing like a big last 5 overs to get a match going. Ooohhhh, I've missed cricket.

And then there's Mahala. Ahhh, thank you for reminding people that one day batting can be beautiful. Only class of his ilk can made 100 off 84 look so easy.

This match is set up.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I couldn't believe when people didn't rate Jayawardene as a ODI batsman at the start of the series. Stats are useless, class will always be class.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When you see a classy player like Jayawardene play such a classy knock (look at his SR - with absolutely no slogging whatsoever), it does make you wonder why his ODI record is as poor as it is.
Nowhere near as good when the ball gets above stump height tbh

Sanga is a much better all round batsman

smash84

The Tiger King
Tendy and Sehwag the key now...........they will have to fire.........going by Tendy's record in finals I won't count on him..........Sehwag must fire today for India to stay in the match

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Great finish, sensational. A couple of early wickets and SL should be favourites; in saying that, I wouldn't bet against a Sehwag or a Tendulkar taking responsibility and emulating Jayawardene with a great innings of their own. Certainly leads to an intriguing run chase.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also, Malinga's second/third spell will be absolutely crucial. Will probably come on when there's a partnership set, if he can knock one over then it's Sri Lanka, if India see him off then it's theirs.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I couldn't believe when people didn't rate Jayawardene as a ODI batsman at the start of the series. Stats are useless, class will always be class.
Stats might not tell you everything but an average of 32-33 tells you he doesn't produce the goods enough.

Both he and Sangakkara should have much better records than they do.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Nowhere near as good when the ball gets above stump height tbh

Sanga is a much better all round batsman
Agreed, but that innings was gorgeous - and a complete vindication of the 'you don't have to slog mindlessly to score quickly' school of thought.

Teja.

Global Moderator
wow..........zaheer clobbered today......must be feeling somewhat similar to Gul in the semi-final.......the last 3 overs from Zaheer in the power play went for plenty
Nah, Zak did get beaten up in the end but I think he had a good match, despite what 2-60 might tell you on face value. Really set the tone to destroy SL's chances of 300+ early on and Munaf was feeding on the pressure set by him to bowl very economically in the beginning.

One of the great ODI knocks from Mahela there. 274 a bit too much of an ask IMO. One of Gambhir/Tendulkar NEEDS to play the anchor role and guide the chase.