• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Semi Final 2 - Pakistan v India

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fusion you can't lock this. You just have to punish the wrongdoers. Locking this thread achieves NOTHING. It will be stupid, because the same posting will happen in other threads.

slowfinger

International Debutant
I still love my team. We were very proffessional and I loved how we got so far in the tournament. When we have Amir and our boys are a bit more mature, we will win inshallah . Dil Dil Pakistan!

Fusion

Global Moderator
Fusion you can't lock this. You just have to punish the wrongdoers. Locking this thread achieves NOTHING. It will be stupid, because the same posting will happen in other threads.
Yup, you're right. I shouldn't have wrote that. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah quality wasn't great, but I thought India's fielding effort was fantastic. Also thought Dhoni's captaincy was superb. Hasn't captained that well since 2008 IMO.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
The wicket was a strange one.

Except Sehwag and perhaps umar akmal ,no batsman was comfortable at all.

But ultimately Pakistan literally dropped the match.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
That ball to dismiss junior Akmal was a gem. I didn't say that, Kumble said that. Let's stop doubting Harbhajan. :)

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
What did people think about the quality of cricket on display today.
Below par really, however you can understand that mistakes will be made with such a high pressure and intense fixture, perhaps not to the extent that Pakistan took it to in the field. Although I've watched England perform in a similar manner at times during the competition.

Woodster

International Captain
That ball to dismiss junior Akmal was a gem. I didn't say that, Kumble said that. Let's stop doubting Harbhajan. :)
You could call it clever bowling, but it was a poor shot, he made a right hash of it. Probably not as bad some of the other culprits though.

salman85

International Debutant
The worst cricketing day of my life.

Nothing beats the depression of tonight's loss.Not the 1996 QF,not the 2007 T20 final,not the 2010 Semifinal.I feel so horrible it's sickening.Still,well played India.The better team on the day,and best of luck for the final even though now i don't give a toss about who wins.

Pakistan have more positives to take from this competition than negatives,and hopefully in another 4 years time,those positives will become strong enough to lead them to WC glory.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The wicket was a strange one.

Except Sehwag and perhaps umar akmal ,no batsman was comfortable at all.

But ultimately Pakistan literally dropped the match.
I remember Umar Akmal had a poor tour of England last year.. did Swann get him out? Looks like a guy who's going to terrorise a few spinners for years to come. His footwork is really good against spin.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I feel your pain Salman. We may laugh and joke about it, but deep inside it really hurts. For me though the worst ODI cricket day was the 99 Final and the worst Test loss was the Sydney test where we lost from such a winning position. On both occasions, Sydney and today, Kamran was a culprit. He needs to be kicked out of the team straight away.

salman85

International Debutant
Umar Akmal is here to stay.Easily amongst the most talented young batsmen in the world along with the likes of Kohli n co.

salman85

International Debutant
I feel your pain Salman. We may laugh and joke about it, but deep inside it really hurts. For me though the worst ODI cricket day was the 99 Final and the worst Test loss was the Sydney test where we lost from such a winning position. On both occasions, Sydney and today, Kamran was a culprit. He needs to be kicked out of the team straight away.
Kamran was hardly the culprit today :)

I don't want to blame anyone for the loss,since i'm 100% sure they gave it all it just wasn't their day,but even if i had to put the blame on someone,it would not be Kamran.

Gul will probably be number one on the list of 'he cost us the match' list,but that would be unfair to him since he had an awesome tournament otherwise.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Umar is very vulnerable to the moving ball. Talented yes, but he has a lot of work to do. Can't just rely on talent or he'll become another Yuvi in the longer form of the game.