• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Semi Final 2 - Pakistan v India

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

BeeGee

International Captain
Congrats to India.

Bad luck Pakistan.

I'll be rooting for Sri Lanka in the final. Let's hope it's a nail biter!

Your mama

Cricket Spectator
what a pathetic innings by misbah. such selfish innings! was he expecting all his partners to score the runs. FFS he was playing back full tosses and half volleys.

one of the worst wold cup innings i have seen

Engle

State Vice-Captain
You win like a sportsman and you lose like one.
Pakistan have nothing to be ashamed of. They did the best they could under the circumstances and with the hand they were dealt.

Congrats to India and commendations to Pakistan. A well fought match

Bun

Banned
Cricinfo headline "India scraps their way to final"... Surely a joke? Atleast Pakistani innings, it was a beginning to end domination. Pakistan never ever looked threatening to chase down the total.

Howe_zat

Audio File
There so much hate here for Mishbah but long story short 56 off 76 really isn't that bad. Time and time again he hit the ball straight to fielders on aggressive shot because he just wasn't good enough on the day.

Meanwhile, all the top four threw away good starts and an extra 20-30 runs from any of them could have won Pakistan the game. Younis in particular couldn't score properly at all after coming in when there wasn't anywhere near as much pressure.

Well done to India, they were the better side. I thought that India's fielding could lose it for them in a tight chase but they kept the pressure up really well once things started going their way. Given the number of drops from Pakistan it really might have made the difference.

However, I'd say that the difference between the two sides was essentially just Sehwag seriously getting one over on Gul and Razzaq early on. Akmal and Hafeez started positively but that kind of power is seriously special and the Pakistan openers just couldn't match it.

Borges

International Regular
Commiserations to the Pakistan fans - all those dropped catches and then a tame display with the bat. I've been watching India play for about 45 years or so, and believe me, I know just how you feel right now. Still and all, there are all the signs of a good strong Pakistan team in the making.

For me, Sri Lanka are the big favourites to lift the cup now.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Cricinfo headline "India scraps their way to final"... Surely a joke? Atleast Pakistani innings, it was a beginning to end domination. Pakistan never ever looked threatening to chase down the total.
Nonsense. Pakistan were favourites at 70-1.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Feel sorry for the Pakistani fans. Their players really gave it away. Take those catches and 200-210 they'd be chasing. Misbah should have started hitting out far earlier and the powerplay should have been taken earlier too. But I guess that is what you get with this team. In one match outclass Australia; in another give Tendulkar 10 lives.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Match should definitely be investigated

How can a guy strike at 60 odd when needing 10+ per over, showing absolutely no inclination to take a risk in a knock out match?

Misbah's play absolutely defies belief so far
I call BS on this. You wouldn't be saying this if this was Dravid, Laxman, Chanders or Martyn playing this Innings, You'd just be saying their batting is dire. Just because someone comes from a country where there have been recent instances of fixing does not mean they should be suspected of fixing unless conclusive proof is provided.