• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Semi Final 2 - Pakistan v India

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Spark

Global Moderator
Pakistan are just gonna have to wear it tbh. Not exactly hard or inaccurate drawing a straight line, which is what you do when height isn't a factor.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
If Pakistan somehow get through and win this World Cup, what message will it send to young kids about working on their fielding? "Well, it doesn't matter if you can catch or not - you can still pick up some silverware".

Woodster

International Captain
Misbah spilled Tendulkar! A long hop from Afridi, spanked from Sachin but should have been taken.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Never really thought about it before, but find it a bit weird that when a ball is 'hitting' by less than half the ball width and the umpire has ruled not out the original decision is retained, but if it's missing by the same margin and is given out the decision is reversed. I guess there's a 'benefit of the doubt to the batsman' rationale but I wonder if it's explicated in the UDRS guidelines.

Spark

Global Moderator
Never really thought about it before, but find it a bit weird that when a ball is 'hitting' by less than half the ball width and the umpire has ruled not out the original decision is retained, but if it's missing by the same margin and is given out the decision is reversed. I guess there's a 'benefit of the doubt to the batsman' rationale but I wonder if it's explicated in the UDRS guidelines.
Benefit of the doubt is the umpire's.

biased indian

International Coach
its no reversed rt?

if it is yellow it means on filed call and what ever was the call it stands

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
its no reversed rt?

if it is yellow it means on filed call and what ever was the call it stands
I know, but by that rationale if it's 'missing' by the same accepted margin of uncertainty (half a ball width) then it should also be an on-field call.