• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 3 - New Zealand v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Your mama

Cricket Spectator
in a way i feel sorry for south africa this qf hoodoo must really be getting to them now.

but yeah whooo!!! NZ came through I backed them on the vote thinging.

and a few weeks back I was sitting next to murry deaker on a flight to wellington i asked him how far do you think the black caps will go who told me qf's i told em narr they make it to the semi's... jokes on you deaker!!!
do not feel sorry for them. I too felt sorry initially until it hit me. They have refused to learn from their loss against england. When amla got out today, they still refused to learn. they thought the game was dusted at 100-2. Except AB and amla today none of the batsmen deserve any sort of mercy. they should be a massive culling. To make a mistake once is fine. To do so again is not acceptable.

kallis, duminy, du plessis and botha should all be thrown out. make AB captain and amla vice captain. Get some players who will actually learn from their mistakes

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Saw the highlight of that run out against AB - I thought McCullum's glove work was excellent. Not every keeper could have done that.

BeeGee

International Captain
do not feel sorry for them. I too felt sorry initially until it hit me. They have refused to learn from their loss against england. When amla got out today, they still refused to learn. they thought the game was dusted at 100-2. Except AB and amla today none of the batsmen deserve any sort of mercy. they should be a massive culling. To make a mistake once is fine. To do so again is not acceptable.

kallis, duminy, du plessis and botha should all be thrown out. make AB captain and amla vice captain. Get some players who will actually learn from their mistakes
AWTA. The South Africans bought this on themselves. They gave NZ no respect and thought they had the game in the bag before they even walked onto the field. You reap what you sow.

If anyone wants to feel sorry for someone, feel sorry for me. I'm stuck in Colorado desperately wanting to share my excitement with someone and nobody here could care less about cricket. Thank gawd for CW. :)

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Have to say, what a World Cup. Its just brilliant match after brilliant match.

And well done NZ.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket: Black Caps surge into semis - Sport - NZ Herald News

AB de Villiers was run out for 32 after Faf du Plessis called for a needless single to give New Zealand a second wicket in three balls and leave South Africa reeling on 121-5 in the 28th over.

Tempers flared when New Zealand's 12th man, Kyle Mills, appeared to say something to Du Plessis after running out with the drinks, prompting some barging and angry exchanges between the two sets of players.
Trust Mills - to be involved. I saw him on that sporting trivia show last night and he was arguing with the quiz master about some answer that McKay had given.

Still hope he is back for the semi though

In Flem's article it said that Ryder looked in control of his french cut. They showed that on the highlights and he was far from in control of it - the rest of the article was on the money however.

Flem274*

123/5
Kyle Mills is exactly what we need; world class ODI bowler and a nasty bastard to boot. We won last night, but we missed him. He's not very fashionable because of his pace but he is a strike bowler and a miser to boot.

Have a feeling he's going to do something really intelligent before he retires, like punching Sachin or something. The fallout would be spectacular for the neutrals.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
HE is the only thing that stands between us and a virtual lock on a most sportsmanlike team award dynasty.

His bowling is outstanding though. He gave a curious interview about Hadlee at one point - as if inferring that he might not be able to learn all that much from him. I could have caught the wrong end of the stick though.

Anyways don't know why I am finding something to complain about on such an important day.

Flem274*

123/5
HE is the only thing that stands between us and a virtual lock on a most sportsmanlike team award dynasty.

His bowling is outstanding though. He gave a curious interview about Hadlee at one point - as if inferring that he might not be able to learn all that much from him. I could have caught the wrong end of the stick though.

Anyways don't know why I am finding something to complain about on such an important day.
This is a bad thing why?:p

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Completely agree. Oram, completely legendary effort considering how much work he's put into get there and how awesome it is to see him on the park leading the bowling attack and being the go-to guy for Vettori. So stoked for him to prove all the haters wrong.
But now bloody hacked off at myself for only waking up at 4.30am for the last rights and not mysky-ing it.
I have`seen some old posts by you on this site - nice to see you returning.

I admit I was getting tired of Oram's injuries - but imagine if he had given up the game which he is easily could have - we have such a small talent pool that it would have been a loss. May not or would not have won last night without him.

BeeGee

International Captain
I admit I was getting tired of Oram's injuries - but imagine if he had given up the game which he is easily could have - we have such a small talent pool that it would have been a loss. May not or would not have won last night without him.
Yep. Although you could say the same thing about Mills. When I heard he wasn't playing I thought or chances of victory went down significantly, but we came through. :) Woody didn't bowl too badly, either.

Someone I think that deserves big credit here is John Wright. That partnership between Ryder and Taylor had Wright's influence painted all over it.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yep. Although you could say the same thing about Mills. When I heard he wasn't playing I thought or chances of victory went down significantly, but we came through. :) Woody didn't bowl too badly, either.

Someone I think that deserves big credit here is John Wright. That partnership between Ryder and Taylor had Wright's influence painted all over it.
The players stood in the way of Wright taking over as well - and wanted Greatbatch. Glad that sanity prevailed.

It is interesting how he went about making the batting order. He tried different ideas and concepts before seeing what worked and what didn't work. As opposed to just using a hunch and making up a batting order and sticking with it. I think his approach works better and gets less resistance from the players. Good management strategy.