• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 3 - New Zealand v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teja.

Global Moderator
Plausibly, yes. That makes a lot of sense. What bothers me is that people will call this, their loss last week, their completely different loss in some semi-final 12 years ago the same thing because it's South Africa, and then not do so for any other country.

And then repeat it endlessly when it's just not that funny. A bit funny, maybe, but come on, we can do better than this.

South Africa don't have to do anything to get called chokers anymore. People brought it up in the India match - the frigging match where they briefly wobbled chasing 296 - because it was South Africa and no other reason. So that means that on a day like today - where, I might add, pressure played a sizeable part but by and large they were just hammered - it means I'm utterly sick of hearing it.
This. Brilliant post.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I think every CW NZer needs to put in a couple of bucks to buy Bahnz some new sports shoes.

Must say, Martin Guptill deserves a knighthood. So many amazing saves to keep the pressure on, and the AB run-out was a bad call but also a helluva pick-up and throw.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Plausibly, yes. That makes a lot of sense. What bothers me is that people will call this, their loss last week, their completely different loss in some semi-final 12 years ago the same thing because it's South Africa, and then not do so for any other country.

And then repeat it endlessly when it's just not that funny. A bit funny, maybe, but come on, we can do better than this.

South Africa don't have to do anything to get called chokers anymore. People brought it up in the India match - the frigging match where they briefly wobbled chasing 296 - because it was South Africa and no other reason. So that means that on a day like today - where, I might add, pressure played a sizeable part but by and large they were just hammered - it means I'm utterly sick of hearing it.
It can annoy you all you like, but just because people call SA chokers at the wrong time doesn't mean that when people who call them chokers at the right time aren't actually... you know... correct.

And just because there is a different margin of runs doesn't mean there aren't extreme similarities between this match and the England match. Come on. A spade is a friggin spade.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How awesome is the Ryder/Taylor partnership now!

Despite the lack of singles, as per Symcox :ph34r:

BeeGee

International Captain
Congrats NZ!! Awesome effort in the field and with the ball.

It's pretty damn **** hot being a NZ cricket fan right now. We don't get a lot of great moments, but this sure as hell is one of them. Enjoy lads!

Days of Grace

International Captain
Well done New Zealand!

Watching it here in Japan against the backdrop of a nuclear disaster. Could give a **** about radiation at the moment, tbh.

Oram, you ****ing beauty. I promise to never accuse you of being soft again.

1;30am here, so I'll get to bed (no penis enlargement commercials for me).

I'll post my observations when I wake up from a blissful slumber.

P.S. South Africa choked. Haters can suck it.